Colonoscopy in Haywards Heath
At Nuffield Health Haywards Heath Hospital, our experienced general surgeons specialise in diagnostic colonoscopy procedures and can help you skip the wait with rapid access to treatment. Read more…
|Initial consultation||from £175|
|Pre-assessment, Main treatment and Post-discharge care||£2,225|
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Contact our colonoscopy experts in Haywards Heath
Email us or request a call back
A member of the team will respond to you soon.
Burrell Road, Haywards Heath, RH16 1UD
Why choose Nuffield Health Haywards Heath Hospital for your colonoscopy procedure?
Are you in need of a colonoscopy procedure? You can skip the waiting lists and get rapid access to a private colonoscopy at Nuffield Health Haywards Heath Hospital. Our specialist general surgeons are experts in diagnostic scans and you can expect to receive a detailed diagnosis and the findings from your procedure as quickly as possible.
Choosing to go private at Nuffield Health Haywards Heath Hospital maybe more affordable than you think. We offer competitive prices for self-paying patients and are able to see patients from most insurance providers. Our packaged procedure prices include any aftercare you may require post treatment and you an even apply for an interest free medical loan through Zebra finance.
How to book a colonoscopy at Nuffield Health Haywards Heath Hospital
Booking an appointment for your colonoscopy is easy. However before you can proceed with any treatment, you will need to arrange a private consultation with one of our experienced general surgeons. Please call our dedicated hospital enquiry team on 01444 456999 or fill out a contact form above to book today.
What is a colonoscopy?
- A colonoscopy is a test regularly carried out at our Haywards Heath Hospital that allows our consultants to look at the inner lining of your large intestine, (rectum and colon)
- We use a thin, flexible tube called a colonoscope to look at the colon
- A colonoscopy helps identify conditions such as ulcers, colon polyps, tumours and inflamed areas of inflammation.
Are there any alternatives to a colonoscopy?
Yes, other options can include a barium enema (an x-ray of the large bowel) or a CT colography (a special scan of the large bowel).
What does a colonoscopy procedure involve?
- If appropriate, the endoscopist may offer you a sedative or painkiller
- A colonoscopy usually takes between half an hour and three-quarters of an hour
- The procedure involves placing a flexible telescope into the back passage and blowing some air into the large bowel to get a clear view
- The endoscopist will be able to look for problems such as inflammation or polyps
- They will be able to perform biopsies and take photographs to help make the diagnosis.
What complications can happen?
- Allergic reaction
- Breathing difficulties or heart irregularities
- Making a hole in the colon
- Incomplete procedure.
How soon will I recover from my colonoscopy at Nuffield Health Haywards Heath Hospital?
- If you were given a sedative, you will normally recover in approximately 2 hours
- You may feel a bit bloated for a few hours but this will pass
- Your consultant will report back to you the findings of your colonoscopy
- Most of our patients are able to go back to work the day after the colonoscopy.
A colonoscopy is usually a very safe and effective way of finding out if you have a problem with your large bowel.
Thousands of men are killed by preventable diseases every year. By knowing the signs and reacting early, you can survive to live a long and happy life.