Dr Austin is a specialist in gastroenterology, hepatology and endoscopy at Brighton and Sussex University Hospital Trust. He was appointed as an NHS consultant in 2010.
Dr Austin completed his gastroenterology training in London at Kings College Hospital and St Thomas’ Hospital. He spent 6 years working at the Liver Unit at Kings College hospital looking after patients with liver disease before and after liver transplantation.
He is the clinical lead for endoscopy at Brighton and Sussex University Trust and set up the hepatobiliary endoscopic ultrasound service, spyglass cholangioscopy and introduced the enhanced sedation/anaesthetic endoscopy list in the trust.
- Gastroenterology including investigation and management of patients with gastrointestinal problems
- Liver disease including drug induced liver injury, hepatitis or jaundice
- Advanced endoscopy including ERCP and endoscopic ultrasound
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Mark Austin at Nuffield Health
- Colorectal screening
- Diagnostic endoscopy
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy (or gastroscopy)
- Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy
- Therapeutic Endoscopy
Dr Austin completed his research in survival characteristics of patients with end stage liver disease the results of his research were published and presented at national and international meetings.
- British Society of Gastroenterology
- Royal College of Physicians
- European Association for the Study of the Liver
- American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
- Medical Defence Union
Insurers Dr Mark Austin works with
Dr Mark Austin works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
Dr Mark Austin does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Mark Austin does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Mark Austin does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.