- Specialities Gastroenterology, General (Internal) Medicine, General Medicine, Hepatology
- Telephone 01273 627 007 (Brighton appointments) / 01444 456 999 Ext 338 (Haywards Heath) / 01444 450338 (Medical Secretary)
- Year of first qualification 2001
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org / HaywardsHeath.email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
- GMC Number 6030649
- Fax 01444 476 778 (Haywards Heath)
Dr Jamil trained in medicine at Cambridge and then Oxford Universities, and completed Junior doctor training in London. His specialist training has given him extensive in depth knowledge and skills in all aspects of gastroenterology and Hepatology including advanced endoscopy.
He spent a year as a clinical research fellow in Australia, and three years completing a PhD at Imperial College London. He has trained at major London teaching Hospitals including Kings College Hospital, St Mary’s Hospital and Barts and the Royal London which has given him extensive subspecialty experience in hepato-pancreatico-biliary medicine, hepatology, and in particular ERCP.
- Bi-weekly Tuesday AM
- Bi-weekly Thursday AM
- BSUH NHS Trust Consultant Gastroenterologist and Hepatologist
Reading, country walks, skiing
- Royal College of Physicians, UK
- British Society of Gastroenterology
- British Association for the Study of the Liver
- European Association for the Study of the Liver
Dr Jamil has completed a PhD at Imperial College London investigating the immune response in liver transplantation. He has also performed research into Hepatitis C treatments as well as endoscopy utility, and has published his findings in peer-reviewed journals.
DeclarationDr Khaleel Jamil works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Freedom Health
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Dr Khaleel Jamil does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Khaleel Jamil does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Khaleel Jamil does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.