Breast reduction surgery in Derby
Are you considering breast reduction surgery? At Nuffield Health Derby Hospital our expert cosmetic surgeons excel in breast reduction surgery and can provide you with rapid access to treatment. Read more…
|Initial consultation||from £195|
|Pre-assessment, Main treatment and Post-discharge care||£9,050|
The guide price
stated above is an approximation of the cost of treatment only. The final price
may vary according to Consultant fees, prosthesis or drugs used and any
pre-existing medical conditions which may alter your care pathway.
You will be given a fixed all-inclusive price for treatment following
your initial consultation with a Consultant.
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Contact our cosmetic surgery experts in Derby
Fill in a contact form, or give us a call.
A member of the team will respond to you soon.
Rykneld Road, Derby, DE23 4SN
Why choose Nuffield Health Derby Hospital for your breast reduction surgery?
Whether you are seeking breast reduction surgery for cosmetic or medical reasons, our consultants are here to help. We can provide you with the individual attention and care you need, within a clean and modern hospital environment.
Our experienced cosmetic surgeons have built an exceptional reputation in Derbyshire for their successful outcomes from surgery and expert advice for patients seeking cosmetic surgery. Nuffield Health Derby Hospital is conveniently situated three miles South West of Derby city centre, off the A38. Our secluded location enables us to offer patients a quiet, relaxing hospital stay, as well as plenty of free parking for both patients and visitors.
We know that making such a personal and important decision isn’t easy. Undertaking any form of cosmetic surgery is a big step and therefore we insist all patients engage with one of our consultants in Derby, ensuring they are well informed before making the right decision.
How to book a cosmetic consultation at Nuffield Health Derby Hospital
If you are interested in breast reduction surgery and want to go ahead with treatment, you will need to book an initial consultation with one of our cosmetic surgeons to discuss your treatment options.
To book, please call our dedicated hospital enquiry team on 01332 540100 or fill out a contact form above.
What happens during breast reduction surgery?
- Breast reduction is performed under a general anaesthetic
- It can take between one-and-a-half to three hours
- There are several different surgical procedures for breast reduction
- Excess skin and fat is removed
- Your breasts are reshaped and the nipples are repositioned
- All procedures result in a scar around the areola (dark area around the nipple) and each method results in additional scarring
- Your surgeon will discuss each procedure with you and together you will decide which is best in your particular case
- Breast reduction can also be used to correct asymmetry (imbalance) of your breasts.
Going home after breast reduction surgery
- Patients are usually required to stay at Nuffield Health Derby Hospital for one to two nights
- You will have dressings on your breasts and there may be drains (plastic tubes). The drains are usually removed before you leave hospital
- You will be given post-operative painkillers and instructions regarding your dressings and any stitches you may have.
- Most patients are mobile from day one and return to normal activities within six weeks. However, everyone heals differently. Be sure and discuss your return to work with your surgeon
- The results of breast reduction improve gradually over time
- Your breasts should become softer and more natural as the healing continues.
Guide to the stages of recovery
- You may have some discomfort for a week. Mild painkillers will help with this but avoid taking aspirin
- Keep walking around to avoid post-operative complications
- Sports bra worn day and night for about 3 weeks.
- Might pull and hurt a little when you move around
- Any non-dissolvable stitches will be removed
- Gradually begin to increase your activity
- Depending on your job, should be able to return to work from 2 weeks
- Drive only when you feel safe to do so.
- Avoid lifting or pushing anything heavy for at least four weeks
- No need to wear a bra during the night but keep one on during the day
- Loss of sensation to breast and nipple area continues to improve.
- Scars will begin to soften and fade
- You can begin to judge the final result.
Specific complications following breast reduction:
- Developing a lump or swelling inside the breast
- Numbness or persistent pain on the outer part of the breast
- Loss of skin, including the areola and nipple
- Stiff shoulder
- Change of breast and nipple sensation
- Uneven shape: Your breasts will change shape after reduction surgery. There is a chance that they may end up slightly lopsided, lumpy or with uneven nipples
- Reduced ability to breastfeed.