Are you finding it difficult lose fat which doesn't seem to budge after conventional dieting and exercise? At Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital our cosmetic experts are here to help and perform liposuction on a number of different areas of the body.
Why choose Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital for your liposuction treatment?
At Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital our experienced cosmetic surgeons are able to perform liposuction to help their patients lose stubborn fat which doesn't seem to budge after conventional dieting and exercise.
Liposuction can be applied to a number of different areas of the body and your consultant will provide you with a detailed treatment plan which is individually tailored to you, and based on the area you want to be treated.
By choosing Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital for your liposuction, you can rest assured that you will receive first-class treatment whilst in the best hands possible for care. During your admission in hospital, you will get the opportunity to relax in your very one private bedroom before and after surgery. Each room features modern decor, a widescreen TV, wireless internet and a large en-suite bathroom.
How to book a consultation at Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital?
If you are considering liposuction and want to speak with one of our cosmetic surgeons in Essex about your treatment options, you will need to book an initial consultation.
To book, please call our dedicated hospital enquiry team on 01277 695 695. Alternatively, please fill out a contact form below and we will get back to you at a more convenient time.
Which areas of the body can be treated with liposuction?
Liposuction is commonly used to treat patients who are near normal weight and have firm elastic skin. It is important to understand that it is not a substitution for weight loss. Common areas treated include:
- Upper arms
- Male breasts.
What happens during liposuction?
- Your consultant will assess your health, skin quality and the amount of fat to be removed before talking you through what approach should be employed
- Various types of anaesthesia are used during liposuction treatment
- If only small areas of fat are to be removed you may have local anaesthetic
- More extensive surgery may require a general anaesthetic (you will be put to sleep)
- The length of your liposuction procedure will depend on the amount of fat being removed
- Your surgeon will make a small incision in the skin
- Using a thin, hollow tube they will break up the fat cells beneath the skin surface and remove them with a special suction or vacuum. Several incisions may be required for larger areas
- Any incisions will be stitched at the end of the procedure
- The area will be bandaged for support.
Recovering from liposuction
- Depending on the extent of your surgery, you may be able to have the procedure as a day case
- You will need pain relief medication once the anaesthesia wears off
- You may need to wear an elastic support garment for two to six weeks after surgery
- Remember to ask a friend or relative to drive you home
- You will need to have your stitches removed five to ten days following your liposuction surgery
- You may need to take one to two weeks off work depending on the extent of your surgery
- For the first few weeks, you will need to rest and avoid any strenuous activity
- Once the swelling has decreased you will notice a difference in your body contour
- However, it may take up to six months to the area to settle down completely.
Stages of recovery from liposuction (please note this is only a guide)
- Except when bathing an elastic support garment must be worn day and night around the operation site (does not apply to facial surgery).
- Walking may be uncomfortable if your procedure was in the lower part of your body
- Gradually increase your activity.
- Any stitches or staples are removed.
- Return to work if approved by your surgeon.
- Normal activity level resumed
- You may need to continue to wear a support garment.
- You no longer need to wear a support garment.
- It can take 6 months for any swelling to disappear
- You may feel some numbness in the area.
- The final result can be judged, as long as your weight has remained stable.
The results of liposuction appear gradually and will differ for everybody before swelling and bruising subside. The overall appearance will be visible within two to three weeks and most of the remaining swelling will have gone within six to 12 weeks. However, your shape will continue to improve over the next six months to a year, as long as your weight is stable.
Are there complications with liposuction?
Every surgical procedure has a chance of complications arising. And like any other surgical treatments, be sure and discuss any concerns you might have about the associated risks with your consultant surgeon.
Specific complications of liposuction (although rare) could include:
- Stiffness and pain
- Unusual sensations
- Fine thread veins
- Lumpy appearance as remaining fat settles.
Shenfield Road, Brentwood, CM15 8EH
|Initial consultation||from £150|
|Diagnostics||If needed to determine treatment plan|
|Pre-assessment, Main treatment and Post-discharge care||£4,035|
The guide price
stated above is an approximation of the cost of treatment only. The final price
may vary according to Consultant fees, prosthesis or drugs used and any
pre-existing medical conditions which may alter your care pathway.
You will be given a fixed all-inclusive price for treatment following
your initial consultation with a Consultant.
Ways to pay
Paying for yourself
There are no hidden costs in our treatment prices. The price you see is the price you pay.Find out more
Personal medical loan
Spread the cost of treatment with a 10 month interest free personal medical loan.Find out more
We work with you and your insurance provider to get you the treatment you need quicklyFind out more
Related free events
Thursday 19 May 2022
Mr Venkat Ramakrishnan, Consultant Plastic Surgeon
This free event is for anyone who is thinking about cosmetic surgery (no ear pinning or nose reshaping) and would like to explore options for treatment and would like more information regarding procedures and costings.Book your place now