Mr Khalil completed specialist training in all aspects of ear, nose and throat surgery in the South West of England Otolaryngology Specialty training programme. He received his sub-specialist training in Rhinology and Skull-base surgery including a surgical fellowship in Fulda, Germany.
He has extensive experience in treating patients with problems breathing through the nose, nasal deformities, complex sinus problems including patients requiring revision endoscopic sinus surgery, frontal sinus surgery, balloon sinuplasty, endoscopic CSF leaks repair and resections of benign and malignant sino-nasal tumours.
- Weekly Tuesday 08:00 - 12:00
- Consultant ENT Surgeon, Derriford Hospital
- Consultant ENT Surgeon, Nuffield Health Plymouth Hospital
- Director of Clinical Studies and Inter-professional Learning, Plymouth
- University Peninsula Schools of Medicine and Dentistry
Rhinological conditions: Alar Collapse, Deviated Nasal Septum, Fractured Nasal Bones, Nasal Allergy, Nasal Deformities, Nasal Polyps, Sinusitis , Skull-base disorders (e.g. CSF Rhinorrhoea), Tumours of Nose and Sinuses, Watery Eyes (Epiphora)
Rhinology Surgery: Alar battens surgery, Balloon Sinuplasty, Endoscopic Dacryo-cystorhinostomy (surgery for watery eyes with blocked tear ducts), Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery, Nasal Polypectomy, Septoplasty, Septorhinoplasty (nose reshaping), Endoscopic tumour resections
Otology, Head and Neck and General ENT: Ear infections, Hearing loss, Balance problems, Tonsillitis and Sore throats, Neck lumps, Disorders of Voice and Swallowing
Surgical procedures: Adenoidectomy, Grommet insertions, Tonsillectomy, Endoscopy, Tympanoplasty
Mr Khalil has a personal interest in landscape digital photography and writing poetry. He also enjoys coastal path walks and listening to classic music.
- British Medical Association
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (Glas)
- British Association of Otolaryngologists / Head and Neck Surgeons (ENT UK)
- British Rhinologic Society
- George Portman Institute, France
- South West Laryngological Association
- Medical Defence Union
- Interest in clinical outcomes and educational research
- In excess of 90 publications (Full articles and abstracts) in peer-reviewed journals
- Primary and secondary research in the field of Rhinology including a Cochrane review on Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery for Chronic Sinusitis, Alar Battens surgery, use of Rhinology care pathways in primary care, influence of weather conditions on epistaxis and outcomes of sino-nasal tumours treatment
- Primary research in General ENT including tonsillectomy and speech therapy for Globus Pharyngeus.
Professor Hisham Khalil does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Professor Hisham Khalil does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Professor Hisham Khalil does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.