Mr Salman Shazad Mirza
FRCS (General Surgery), PGC Medical Education, MBChB
GMC number: 4229065
Practicing since: 1995
- Friday 17:30 - 19:00
Or call us on
Mr Mirza is a Consultant Bariatric and Laparoscopic Benign Upper GI surgeon at Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust performing Primary and Revisional Bariatric surgery. Furthermore he also performs benign upper GI surgery i.e hiatus hernia repair & antireflux surgery, laparoscopic cholecystectomy, and also general surgery.
He undertook Higher Specialist Training in the West Midlands in his chosen subspecialty of Bariatric and Laparoscopic Benign Upper GI surgery which was conducted in NHS designated centres supervised by accredited Bariatric and Upper GI surgeons.
- Bariatric Surgery
- Benign Upper GI Surgery
- General Surgery
- Audit Lead for General Surgery
- National Emergency Laparotomy Audit (NELA) Lead for Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust
- Senior Academy Tutor, Lecturer and Examiner for University of Birmingham Medical Students
Kite flying and cooking
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Salman Shazad Mirza at Nuffield Health
- Gastric band (lap banding)
- Obesity surgery (or weightloss surgery)
- Laparoscopic reflux surgery (fundoplication)
- Umbilical hernia repair
- Bilateral (inguinal) hernia repair
- Hernia repair
- Gastric bypass
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy (gallbladder removal)
Locations Mr Salman Shazad Mirza works with
Articles on Bariatric and General Surgery presented at National and International meetings
- Royal College of Surgeons Of England
- Association Of Upper GI Surgeons
- British Obesity and Metabolic Surgery Society
- International Federation of Surgery for Obesity
Other posts held
- Consultant Bariatric and Benign Upper GI Surgeon at Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust
Mr Salman Shazad Mirza does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Salman Shazad Mirza does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Salman Shazad Mirza does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.