Mr Neil Blewitt was appointed as Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon to the North Bristol Trust, including Frenchay Hospital and Southmead Hospital Avon Orthopaedic Centre, in 1995.
Over the years, he has developed an experience and expertise in the management of many upper limb conditions, from shoulder and elbow replacement to arthroscopic reconstruction of the shoulder, elbow and wrist. He has a particular interest in soft tissue reconstruction for tendon injuries about the Shoulder and Elbow
Mr Blewitt has gained great experience in the management of complex wrist and elbow fractures and non/mal union surgery. He treats hand/finger Dupuytren's contracture, as well as carpal tunnel release and trigger finger release.
He is involved in ongoing audit and research in all areas of his practice.
- Arthroscopic Shoulder surgery
- Arthroscopic Elbow surgery
- Arthroscopic Wrist surgery
- Upper limb surgery
- Joint replacement
- Sports injury
- Rheumatoid arthritis
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Neil Blewitt at Nuffield Health
- Shoulder decompression - key hole surgery
- Shoulder surgery (rotator cuff repair)
- Carpal tunnel release
- Hand surgery
- Shoulder Manipulation
- Shoulder Stabilisation
- Joint replacement shoulder, elbow
- Arthroscopic surgical reconstruction Shoulder, Elbow, hand and Wrist
- Fracture non union and mal union
- British Elbow and Shoulder Society
- British Orthopaedic Research Society
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (Eng)
- British Society for Surgery of the Hand
- The Hospital Consultants and Specialist Association
Other post held
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Avon Orthopaedic Centre, North Bristol NHS Trust
- Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer, University of Bristol
Insurers Mr Neil Blewitt works with
Mr Neil Blewitt works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Medical Care Direct
- Tesco Bank
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Neil Blewitt does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Neil Blewitt does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Neil Blewitt does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.