Mr Blewitt was appointed as Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon to the North Bristol Trust including Frenchay Hospital and Southmead Hospital Avon Orthopaedic Centre in 1995.
Over the years he has developed an experience and expertise in the management of many upper limb conditions, from shoulder and elbow replacement to arthroscopic reconstruction of the shoulder, elbow and wrist.
He has gained great experience in the management of complex wrist and elbow fractures and non/mal union surgery. He treats hand/finger contracture as well as carpal tunnel release and trigger fingers.
He has maintained an interest in both arthroscopic knee surgery and total knee replacement. He is involved in ongoing audit and research in all areas of his practice.
- By arrangement
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Avon Orthopaedic Centre, North Bristol NHS Trust
- Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer, University of Bristol
- Arthroscopic surgery
- Upper limb surgery
- Joint replacement
- Sports injury
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- British Elbow and Shoulder Society
- British Orthopaedic Research Society
- British Orthopaedic Association
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (Eng)
- British Medical Association
- Joint replacement shoulder, elbow, knee
- Arthroscopic surgical reconstruction
- Fracture non union and mal union
DeclarationMr Neil Blewitt works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Medical Care Direct
- Tesco Bank
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Neil Blewitt does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Neil Blewitt does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Neil Blewitt does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.