Mr Shabbir undertook his higher surgical training in the Southwest before being appointed as a consultant general surgeon with a special interest in colorectal surgery at the BRI in October 2011.
He completed a one year fellowship in Edinburgh colorectal unit to gain specialist training in the management of complex colorectal cancer, inflammatory bowel disease and ileo-anal pouch surgery. He also completed a six months fellowship in advanced laparoscopic surgery for colorectal cancer and IBD.
Mr Shabbir’s main interest areas are as follows:
- Colonoscopy, sigmoidoscopy, and colonic polyps
- Laparoscopic colorectal Surgery for colorectal cancer, inflammatory bowel disease
- Anal fistula, haemorrhoids (THD, HALO), pilonidal sinus,
- Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis (Ileo-anal pouch surgery)
- Hernia repair(Inguinal, umblical, incisional , femoral and parastomal hernia)
A keen follower of cricket, football and tennis, Mr Shabbir is also a passionate Arsenal supporter.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Jamshed Shabbir at Nuffield Health
- Ileal pouch anal anastomosis
- Hernia repair
Mr Shabbir has a number of publications in peer reviewed journals and has made several presentations at national meetings.
- British Medical Association
- Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland
- Medical Protection Society
- European Crohn's and Colitis Organisation
- Member Faculty of Surgical Trainers
Other posts held
- Consultant Colorectal Surgeon, Bristol Royal Infirmary
- Honorary Clinical Academic, University of Bristol
Insurers Mr Jamshed Shabbir works with
Mr Jamshed Shabbir works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health
Mr Jamshed Shabbir does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Jamshed Shabbir does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Jamshed Shabbir does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.