Mr Morphis is a specialist cataract and vitreoretinal surgeon. After completing his core Ophthalmology training he had 2 fellowships at the Royal Liverpool University Hospital (Medical Retina and Vitreoretinal Fellowship).
He has extensive experience in:
- In treating medical retinal conditions with the latest antiVEGF intravitreal injections (Age Related Macular Degeneration, Diabetic Retinopathy and Maculopathy)
- In the entire range of vitreoretinal surgery (macular surgery, retinal detachment repair and posterior segment surgery for cataract surgery-related complications)
- Medical retina
- Vitreoretinal surgery
Jogging and swimming
Treatments and tests offered by Mr George Morphis at Nuffield Health
- Eyelid cyst removal
Mr Morphis has a number of publications in peer reviewed journals regarding medical retinal and vitreoretinal conditions:
- Retrospective review of 50 eyes with long-term silicone oil tamponade for more than 12 months, Morphis G, Irigoyen C, Eleuteri A, Stappler T, Pearce I, Heimann H., Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2012 May;250(5):645-52.
- Endophthalmitis following intravitreal injections, Irigoyen C, Ziahosseini K, Morphis G, Stappler T, Heimann H., Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2012 Apr;250(4):499-505.
- Is there a role for long-term silicone oil tamponade for more than twelve months in vitreoretinal surgery?, Stappler T, Morphis G, Irigoyen C, Heimann H., Ophthalmologica. 2011;226 Suppl 1:36-41.
- Injectability of silicone oil-based tamponade agents, Williams RL, Day MJ, Garvey MJ, Morphis G, Irigoyen C, Wong D, Stappler T., Br J Ophthalmol. 2011 Feb;95(2):273-6.
- Vitreoretinal interface changes in acute-onset postoperative endophthalmitis, Kabanarou SA, Xirou T, Kourentis C, Fotiou P, Tadros C, Morphis G, Kaintatzis A, Feretis E., Klin Monbl Augenheilkd. 2009 Apr;226(4):224-6.
- Macula Society
- Fellow European Board of Ophthalmology
Other posts held
- Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon, Hereford County Hospital
Insurers Mr George Morphis works with
Mr George Morphis works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
Mr George Morphis does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr George Morphis does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr George Morphis does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.