Mr Frank Sibly
MA (Oxon), MBBS (Lon), FRCS
- Year of first qualification
- Languages spoken
- GMC Number
Mr Sibly was born and educated in Birmingham, then went on to Oxford University and medical school at University College Hospital London. His orthopaedic registrar training was in the Newcastle Upon Tyne hospitals, then Senior Registrar in Derby and Harlow Wood Orthopaedic Hospitals, including 6 months as Senior Registrar in Professor Burke's Pulvertaft Hand Unit. Mr Sibly moved to Hereford in 1993 with his family to take up his current post.
- Weekly Thursday PM
- Wye Valley Trust NHS
- Nuffield Health Hereford Hospital
- British Society for Surgery of the Hand
- British Elbow and Shoulder Society
- Medical Protection Society
- British Orthopaedic Association
Mr Sibly has published 11 peer review papers, mostly on upper limb topics, including:
- Supracondylar Fractures in Children (Journal: Injury)
- Joint Replacement in the knuckle joints (J Engineering in Medicine)
- Quality of life following knee replacement (Annuals of Royal College of Surgeons)
- Elbow synovial tumour (Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery)
Mr Sibly was a Fellow in the Bioengineering Department of Durham University with Prof Unsworth, researching ways of improving joint replacement of the knuckle joints.
One paper won the Smith and Nephew Registrar Prize. He has undertaken professional visits to hospitals both in the third world and the USA (including the Mayo Clinic).
Mr Frank Sibly has indicated that they do not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Frank Sibly has indicated that they do not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Frank Sibly has indicated that they do not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.