- Specialities Orthopaedics
- Telephone 01902 754 177
- Year of first qualification 1984
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- GMC Number 4272207
- Fax 01902 793 292
Divya Prakash undertook specialist training in orthopaedics in the Birmingham region. As part of this, he undertook several placements at the Royal Orthopaedic Hospital. A fellowship in knee surgery followed in Derby and Nottingham, where he was able to further refine and perfect his surgical skills.
On completion of his training, he joined the Royal Hospital Haslar and the Queen Alexandra Hospitals, Portsmouth, as a Consultant in 2002. Here he continued to further his interest in knee and hip surgery, looking after the local population and also the military personnel, many of whom had sustained severe knee injuries. As a result he began to take special interest in the management of knee and hip problems in young adults as he found this to be challenging, stimulating and rewarding.
He moved to Birmingham in 2005 joining the Sandwell & West Birmingham Hospitals NHS Trust as a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon. He has been instrumental in introducing new procedures and techniques to this hospital.
He has tried to stay abreast of the latest international developments in knee and hip surgery. To this end he has visited leading orthopaedic facilities, including the Jefferson Institute, Philadelphia, and Sint Vincentius Deinze Hospital, Belgium.
Mr Prakash performs the following treatments at Nuffield Health Wolverhampton Hospital:
- Monday 18:00 - 20:00 by arrangement
- Saturday AM by arrangement
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Sandwell &
- West Birmingham Hospitals NHS Trust
Mr Prikash specialises in lower limb surgery, knee replacements, hip replacements, arthroscopy, ACL reconstruction, cartilage transplant (ACI) and sports injuries.
Specialist areas include:
- Management of osteoarthritis of knees - especially in young adults
- Soft tissue balancing during knee replacement surgery
- Hip replacement in young adults
- Computer navigated knee replacement
- Uni-compartment knee replacement
- Patello-femoral replacement
- Cartilage transplant in knees
Cricket and digital photography.
- British Association for Surgery of the Knee
- Royal College of Surgeons (Ed - MRCS examiner)
- Medical and Dental Defence Union of Scotland
- AO (Faculty member)
Numerous publications in national and international peer-reviewed journals on various aspects of orthopaedics and trauma.
Further researches are currently being undertaken.
DeclarationMr Divya Prakash works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Divya Prakash does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Divya Prakash does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Divya Prakash does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.