Mr Jensen is a highly skilled and experienced spinal surgeon, with fellowship training in Orthopaedic and Neurosurgery techniques to treat all spinal pathologies from the top of the neck to the coccyx.
Currently a Consultant Spinal Surgeon in Northumbria NHS Trust, he previously undertook an Advanced Spine Fellowship in Leeds. He completed his medical and surgical training in the North East of England.
Mr Jensen has developed a successful spinal surgery practice in both NHS and Private sectors, treating all spine pathologies including trapped nerves in the neck and lower back leading to arm and leg pain (sciatica), central neck and lower back pain (lumbago), tumours, trauma and infection. He is also specially trained in key-hole surgery (minimally invasive) and disc replacement (motion preserving technology) spinal surgery.
Mr Jensen also has a rich pedigree in clinical research and training having been awarded Arthritis Research UK 'Young Investigator of the Year' and British Orthopaedic Association 'Best of the Best' Research Prizes. He has also been appointed as Early Years Lead for Trauma and Orthopaedics and Royal College Surgical Tutor. He has had several scientific papers published and has presented at national and international conferences.
Adult Spine Surgery
Lumbar Spine Surgery
Trauma and Orthopaedics
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Cyrus Jensen at Nuffield Health
- Minimally invasive spinal surgery
- Lumbar discectomy
- Manipulation under anaesthesia (MUA)
- Removal of spinal hardware
- Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion
- Spinal fusion
- Spinal (lumbar) Decompression
- Epidural injection for pain relief
- Epidural anaesthetic
- Nerve blocks
- Cervical Spine Surgery
- Cervical Disc Replacement
- The use of high-dose dual-impregnated antibiotic-laden cement with hemiarthroplasty for the treatment of a fracture of the hip: The Fractured Hip Infection Trial (FHIT). Bone Joint J. 2016 Nov; 98-B(11):1534-1541.
- Unexplained perioperative vertebrobasilar stroke in patient undergoing anterior cervical decompression and disc arthroplasty. Int J Spine Surg. 2015 Feb 19;9.
- The effect of Triclosan coated sutures on rate of surgical site infection after hip and knee replacement: a protocol for a double-blind randomized controlled trial. BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2014 Jul 14;15:237.
- Are claims made in orthopaedic print advertisements valid? International Orthopaedics 2014 May;38(5):1067-72.
- Systematic review of microdiscectomy for lumbar disc herniation. Eur Spine J 2013 Nov;22(11):2458-65.
- Cemented versus cementless hemiarthroplasty for intracapsular neck of femur fracture-A comparison of 60,848 matched patients using national data. Injury 2013 Jun;44(6):730-4.
- Return to theatre following total hip and knee replacement, before and after the introduction of rivaroxaban: a retrospective cohort study.Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery Br. 2011 Jan;93(1):91-5
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- British Orthopaedics Association
- British Association of Spine Surgeons
- Northern Adult Spine Surgery Network
- Educational Committee for the International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery
- Northern Deanery Trauma and Orthopaedic Specialty Training Committee
- UKITE Editorial Committee
Other post held
- Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust, Wansbeck General Hospital Consultant T&O Spine Surgeon
Insurers Mr Cyrus Jensen works with
Mr Cyrus Jensen works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Bupa On Demand
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Cyrus Jensen does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Cyrus Jensen does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Cyrus Jensen does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.