Mr Bhatia has over 15 years’ post-fellowship experience in managing spinal conditions, including deformity, trauma, tumour and degenerative problems.
After completing his basic medical qualifications, Mr Bhatia undertook his Orthopaedic training in Delhi and thereafter joined the Birmingham Orthopaedic Training programme as a Higher Trainee. There he developed an interest and went on to complete a twelve month fellowship in spinal surgery at the Toronto Teaching Hospital in Canada.
Keeping fit and gardening
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Chandra Bhatia at Nuffield Health
- Lumbar discectomy
- Manipulation under anaesthesia (MUA)
- Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion
- Spinal (lumbar) Decompression
- Facet joint injections
- Cervical Spine Surgery
- Minimally invasive spinal surgery
- Peripheral nerve surgery
- Correction of scoliosis
- X-Ray Guided Facet Joint Injection
- Spinal fusion surgery
- Epidural injection for pain relief
- Sacroiliac joint injections
- Cervical Disc Replacement
- Dorsal root ganglion block
Mr Bhatia keeps himself updated in the developments and management of degenerative conditions of the spine.
- Medical Protection Society (MPS)
Other posts held
- Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon, University Hospital of North Tees, Stockton-on-Tees
Insurers Mr Chandra Bhatia works with
Mr Chandra Bhatia works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health
- AXA - Global Healthcare
- Medical Care Direct
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Chandra Bhatia does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Chandra Bhatia does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Chandra Bhatia does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.