Mr Kapoor is a Consultant Ophthalmologist at the University Hospitals of Leicester and has over 15 years of experience in Ophthalmology providing clinical care for all emergency and general ophthalmic conditions.
His private practice is based at Nuffield Leicester Hospital where he offers Consultation for General Ophthalmic Conditions whilst specialising in inflammatory diseases of the eye such as Uveitis and Scleritis, cataract surgery, and medical retinal conditions. Apart from being a very fine cataract surgeon, he regularly performs YAG Laser(for after - cataract) and Argon Laser (for Diabetes and vein occlusions) in his clinical practice
He undertook his initial Ophthalmology training in India and then trained in Ophthalmology at the East Midlands Deanery. Following this, he did a Fellowship in Uveitis and Medical Retina at Moorfields Eye Hospital in London. During this period he was very actively involved in teaching medical students, whilst pursuing research interests which include immunosuppression.
He Co-leads the undergraduate Ophthalmology Training at Leicester Medical School and is also an examiner for the Fellowship Exam at the Royal College of Ophthalmologists, London. He has co-authored many scientific papers and written chapters in textbooks.
He is extremely passionate about improving the delivery of eye care in the community and has been very actively involved in training in-house optometrists in assessing cataract patients and streamlining various patient referral pathways to improve the quality of care and patient experience at the Leicester Royal Infirmary.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Bharat Kapoor at Nuffield Health
- Cataract Surgery
1. Bilateral Persistent Placoid Maculopathy Following COVID-19 Vaccines: Real or Coincidence? Chean CS, Ali E, Kulkarni P, Kapoor B, Kumar P. Ocul Immunol Inflamm. 2023 Feb 3:1-6
2. Feasibility and clinical utility of handheld fundus cameras for retinal imaging. Das S, Kuht HJ, De Silva I, Deol SS, Osman L, Burns J, Sarvananthan N, Sarodia U, Kapoor B, Islam T, Sampath R, Poyser A, Konidaris V, Anzidei R, Proudlock FA, Thomas MG. Eye (Lond). 2023 Feb;37(2):274-279.
3. Giant cell arteritis - a rare ocular presentation. Kulkarni P, Shaffu S, Moorthy A, Kapoor B, Kumar Rheumatol Adv Pract. 2021;5(Suppl 1): 2021 Oct 19.
4. An Atypical Presentation of Sympathetic Ophthalmia in an Intact Globe Following a Mechanical Fall: A Case Report and Literature Review. Vision (Basel, Switzerland), 2021 Feb; 5(1),11
5. Efficacy of Tacrolimus in Uveitis, and the Usefulness of Serum Tacrolimus Levels in Predicting Disease Control. Results from a Single Large Center. Luis J, Alsaedi A, Phatak S, Kapoor B, Rees A, Westcott M. Ocul Immunol Inflamm. 2021 Jun 14:1-5
6. Survey on the impact of COVID19 in patients on immunosuppression for ocular and orbital inflammatory disorders. Thomas MG, Kumar P, Islam T, Kuht HJ, Sivagnanasithiyar T, Betteridge C, Moorthy A, Kapoor B. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2022 Jan;32(1)
7. Implementation of the LOOP pathway-a framework for the management of ocular tuberculosis across the United Kingdom. Malick H, Wiselka M, Kumar P, Kapoor B. (2021). Eye, 35(7), 1797–1798.
8. Safety profile and efficacy of tacrolimus in the treatment of birdshot retinochoroiditis: a retrospective case series review. Islam F, Westcott M, Rees A, Robson AG, Kapoor B, Pavesio Carlos et al. BJO 2018;102:983-990
9. Long-term results of intravitreal bevacizumab and dexamethasone for the treatment of punctate inner choroidopathy associated with choroidal neovascularization: A case series. Tsaousis KT, Nassr M, Kapoor B, Konidaris VE, Tyradellis S, Empeslidis T. Open Med Case Rep. 2018; 6
10. The concept of virtual clinics in monitoring patients with age-related macular degeneration Tsaousis KT, Empeslidis T, Konidaris VE, Kapoor B, Deane J. Acta Ophthalmologica 01/09/2015
11. Incidence of Retinal Pigment Epithelial Tears and Associated Risk Factors After Treatment of Age-Related Macular Degeneration with Intravitreal Anti-VEGF Injection Empeslidis T, Vardarinos A, Konidaris V, Ch'ng SW, Kapoor B, Deane J, Tsaousis KT. Open Ophthalmology Journal 01/12/2014
12. Successful treatment of retinal angiomatous proliferation with intravitreal triamcinolone and ranibizumab injections in a 67-year-old male. Haq A, Kapoor B, Logendran M, Reddy G. Case Reports in Ophthalmology 01/11/2014
13. Surgical repair of bilateral full thickness macular holes in a patient with blue sclera secondary to osteogenesis imperfecta. Benzimra JD, Kapoor B, Edmeades N, Burger A, Simcock PR. Eye 2012 Jul;26(7):1023-4
14. Multiple vortex vein ampulla varicosities. K Vahdani, B Kapoor, V S Raman. BMJ Case Reports Published 1 January 2010;2010:published online 19 November 2010
15. An Unusual Case of Acute Angle Closure Glaucoma following Argon Laser PRP. Kapoor B, kee peh K, Raman V. BMJ Case Reports 2010
16. Selective Laser Trabeculoplasty in Pseudophakic Glaucoma. Nagar M, Shah N, Kapoor B.Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging. 2010 Mar 9:1-2.
17. Neurotrophic Keratitis in a patient with Dihydroxypyrimidine Dehydrogenase (DHPD) deficiency. Kapoor B, Luhishi EA, Chung AKK, Pauw JC. Indian Journal of Ophthalmology. 2008; 56(4): 336.
- Royal College of Ophthalmologists, London
- General Medical Council
- Medical Defence Union
Other posts held
- University Hospitals of Leicester Consultant Ophthalmologist and Under Graduate Lead for Ophthalmology
Insurers Mr Bharat Kapoor works with
Mr Bharat Kapoor works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health
- AXA - Global Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Bupa Global
- Cigna International
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Healix Healthcare
- Healthcare RM
- Police Mutual
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Bharat Kapoor does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Bharat Kapoor does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Bharat Kapoor does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.