Andrew graduated from Nottingham University in 1998 and came to Edinburgh to train in Surgery in 2000. During his training, he was awarded the Edward B Dietrich Travelling Fellowship and the British Society of Endovascular Therapy Training Fellowship. These enabled him to spend time in Phoenix, Arizona and Leicester learning minimally invasive vascular surgery.
He is the Reader in Vascular Surgery and Programme Director for the ChM in Vascular and Endovascular Surgery at the University of Edinburgh.
He sits on the UK Specialty Advisory Committee for Vascular Surgery and is the Chair of the Vascular Surgery Specialty Board of the Royal College of Surgeons. He maintains an active interest in clinical and Human Factors research and sits on two Editorial Boards. He is a Fellow and sits on the Board of Governors of the American College of Surgeons.
- Varicose veins
- Claudication and lower limb arterial disease
- Diseases of the circulation
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Andrew Tambyraja at Nuffield Health
- Radiofrequency (RF) Ablation for Varicose Veins
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Vascular Society of GB & Ireland
- British Society for Endovascular Therapy
- International Surgical Society
Other posts held
- Clinical Director & Consultant Vascular Surgeon, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh