Mr Alaa El-Ghobashy
MBBCh, MSc, MD, MRCOG, PGChealth
GMC number: 5206703
Practicing since: 1990
Sub-specialties: Gynaecological Oncology
- Monday 10:00 - 12:00 Weekly
Or call us on
Mr Alaa El-Ghobashy, Consultant Subspecialist in Gynaecological Oncology Surgery. He graduated from the Medical School in 1990 and later achieved a Master’s Degree in Gynaecological Ultrasound in 1995. His career history includes training in different aspects of Obstetrics and Gynaecology in a variety of health care settings both in Egypt and UK. He completed two Medical Doctorate degrees in Gynaecology in Liverpool.
On finishing his general training, Mr El-Ghobashy spent additional two and half years (Fellowship) training in, studying and researching different aspects of Gynaecological Cancers in Leeds, England. He is a Member of the RCOG, the BSCCP and the ESGO. He is a Council member of BIARGS and recently hosted the 5th annual conference of Robotic Surgery in Wolverhampton.
He published several articles in peer-reviewed journals and textbooks. Currently, he is an associate Editor of the IJMCR.
He was a consultant in Plymouth between 2009 and 2011. He was appointed as a consultant in Wolverhampton in April 2011.
- Screening for familial/genetic cancers
- Outpatient colposcopy
- Advanced Hysteroscopic surgery techniques
- Complex abdominal and vaginal surgery
- Gynaecological cancer radical surgery.
- Minimal access and fertility preserving surgery in gynaecological cancers
- Undergraduate and Postgraduate Medical Education/Training
- Listening to music
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Alaa El-Ghobashy at Nuffield Health
- Hysteroscopic surgery
- Dilation and curettage (D&C)
- Adnexal surgery
- Female sterilisation
- Hormonal coil
- Vulval lesion excision
- Hormone replacement therapy (HRT)
- Ovarian cystectomy
- Excision vaginal lumps
- Cold Coagulation
Locations Mr Alaa El-Ghobashy works with
- Precursor lesions of cervical cancer.
- Molecular biology of cervical cancer.
- Role of human papilloma virus (HPV) in cervical cancer.
- The Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- British Medical Association
- European Society of Gynaecological Oncologist
- British Gynaecology Cancer Society
- British Society fro Colposcopy and Cytological Pathology
- Medical and Dental Defence Union of Scotland (MDDUS)
Other posts held
- Consultant Gynaecologist / Gynaecological Oncologist, Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust
- The Royal Wolverhampton Hospitals NHS Trust
Insurers Mr Alaa El-Ghobashy works with
Mr Alaa El-Ghobashy works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Alaa El-Ghobashy does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Alaa El-Ghobashy does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Alaa El-Ghobashy does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.