Dr Collinge studied Medicine at University College London and qualified as a doctor in 1995. She undertook her psychiatric training at University College Hospital and Charing Cross Hospital, London and attained a dual CCST in adult and old age psychiatry. Dr Collinge was first appointed as a Consultant Psychiatrist in London (Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust), and after working for over 20 years in the NHS, she has built up a successful private practice.
Dr Collinge has extensive experience in the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of mental health problems including:
- Mood disorders (depression and bipolar)
- Anxiety disorders (including generalised anxiety disorder, panic attacks, phobias, obsessive compulsive disorder and post-traumatic stress disorder)
- Psychotic illnesses
- Trauma related problems
- Dr Collinge also has experience and expertise in the diagnosis and management of Adult ADHD.
In addition to this, Dr Collinge has a medicolegal practice and provides psychiatric reports for the Courts and Tribunals.
- “Dr Collinge is the best psychiatrist I’ve ever had. She takes time to listen to me and makes sure I’m involved in decisions about my care. She makes decisions about my care holistically, considering other things in my life which could affect my mental health.”
- “Dr Collinge is kind, empathic, has a good manner, is supportive and reassuring.”
- “Dr Collinge is always polite, welcoming and interested in my problems.”
- “Dr Collinge has given much input into my ongoing care… I feel sure this has greatly contributed to stabilising my mood.”
Dr Collinge’s research interests and publications have addressed risk factors for suicide.
- Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists
Other posts held
- Independent practice
Insurers Dr Tara Collinge works with
Dr Tara Collinge works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Dr Tara Collinge does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Tara Collinge does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Tara Collinge does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.