Dr Beeton completed his undergraduate training at University of the Witwatersrand in South Africa, and Cardiology postgraduate training on the South Thames Rotation including 2.5 years at St George’s Hospital, London. He has been a Consultant Cardiologist at St Peter’s Hospital since April 2006.
He has developed the cardiac magnetic resonance imaging service and strengthened the diagnostic echo service at St Peter’s Hospital.
Dr Beeton’s special interests are cardiac imaging, heart failure and cardiac pacing.
He is patron of ICDC Surrey, which provides on-going support and education for families and patients requiring complex pacing procedures.
Dr Beeton is a competitive runner, undertaking two marathons a year, and participating in the cross country league for his club.
- Ongoing clinical research on health service provision models for cardiac disease.
- Co-investigator in several pacing and drug trials including VIRTUE, METEOR, OPTION, BIOPACE, SENSE-HF, RIONI, CLEAR and ReLY.
- Primary investigator for EFFECT and ENGAGE-AF.
- Royal College of Physicians
- British Society of Echocardiography
- British Society of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance
Other posts held
- Cardiologist, Ashford &
- St Peter's NHS Trust
Dr Ian Beeton does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Ian Beeton does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Ian Beeton does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.