Dr Ian Beeton
BSC (Hons), MBBCH, MRCP, MD
GMC number: 4241267
Practicing since: 1994
- Weekly Monday & Thursday afternoons
Or call us on
Dr Beeton completed his undergraduate training at University of the Witwatersrand in South Africa, and Cardiology postgraduate training on the South Thames Rotation including 2.5 years at St George’s Hospital, London. He has been a Consultant Cardiologist at St Peter’s Hospital since April 2006.
Dr Beeton developed the cardiac magnetic resonance imaging service and strengthened the diagnostic echocardiogram service at St Peter's Hospital. Dr Beeton is the clinical lead for heart failure, and provides support for patients with complex pacing.
General Cardiology, Cardiac Imaging (cardiac MRI and echocardiography), Heart Failure, Pacing (biventricular pacing and implantable defibrillators)
Locations Dr Ian Beeton works with
- Ongoing clinical research on health service provision models for cardiac disease.
- Co-investigator in several pacing and drug trials including VIRTUE, METEOR, OPTION, BIOPACE, SENSE-HF, RIONI, CLEAR and ReLY.
- Primary investigator for EFFECT and ENGAGE-AF.
- Royal College of Physicians
- British Society of Echocardiography
- British Society of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance
- British Society for Heart Failure
- Advance Life Support Instructor
Other posts held
- Ashford and St Peter's Hospitals, Consultant Cardiologist
Insurers Dr Ian Beeton works with
Dr Ian Beeton works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Dr Ian Beeton does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Ian Beeton does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Ian Beeton does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.