- Specialities Paediatric Neurology
- Telephone 01223 370 922
- Year of first qualification 1995
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
English, German, Hindi, Gujarati, Urdu
- GMC Number 5206972
- Fax 01223 281 310
Dr Ambegaonkar came to the UK with a singular aim to specialise in Paediatric Neurology and fulfilled his ambition by progression seamlessly throughout his national grid training. He was successfully appointed to this substantive post at Addenbrookes starting April 2011 as a Paediatric Neurologist following his first and only consultant interview, 5 months before his training finished.
Dr Ambegaonkar has had the privilege to work at some of the best hospitals in the UK, such as Great Ormond Street Hospital, Bristol Children’s Hospital, Hammersmith Hospital and The Royal London Hospital. This has given him a good knowledge and wide experience of his speciality subject and also a robust understanding of working in the NHS.
Dr Ambegaonkar's special interests include:
- Paediatric neurological disorders such as, childhood onset epilepsy, movement disorders, headaches and tic disorders
- Paediatric neuromuscular disorders such as muscular dystrophies and neuropathies
He is registered as a health provider with Simply Health, PRU Health, AXA PP and BUPA.
- By arrangement
- Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge
Teaching, Clinical Governance
Travelling, photography and cricket
- Medical Protection Society
DeclarationDr Gautam Ambegaonkar works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Dr Gautam Ambegaonkar does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Gautam Ambegaonkar does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Gautam Ambegaonkar does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.