Dr Siddique completed her junior neurology training in London at the Royal London and St Mary's Hospital as well as the Institute of Neurology and the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery at Queen Square. As an MRC Clinical Research Fellow for the first therapeutic trial of Quinacrine in CJD, she obtained her PhD at University College London following research on magnetisation transfer imaging in CJD.
She was awarded the speciality certificate in neurology after completing her specialist training in Birmingham and Coventry, and is currently working as a Neurology Consultant at Royal Wolverhampton and University Hospital Birmingham NHS Trust, conducting specialist cervical dystonia and hemifacial spasm clinics as well as multiple sclerosis clinics (including disease modifying treatment).
- Movement Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Generic Neurology
Cycling and lawn tennis.
English, Punjabi, Urdu
- Siddique D, et al. MTR a surrogate of spongi form change in human prion diseases and a potential therapeutic biomarker (Brain 2010; 133; 3058-3068).
- Hyare H, Wroe S, Siddique D, et al. Brain water diffusion coefficients reflect the severity of inherited prion disease (Neurology 10; 74; 658-665).
- Collinge J et at. Safety and efficacy of quinacrine in human prion diseases(PRION - 1 study); a patient preference trial (Lancet Neurol 09; 8; 334-44).
- Wroe S, Pal S, Siddique D, et al. Clinical presentation and pre-mortem diagnosis of vCJD associated with blood transfusion (Lancet 06; 368: 2061-2067).
- Royal College of Physicians (London)
- Association of British Neurologists
- Medical Defence Union
Other post held
- Consultant Neurologist at Royal Wolverhampton and University Hospital Birmingham NHS Trust.
Insurers Dr Durre Siddique works with
Dr Durre Siddique works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- CS Healthcare
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Dr Durre Siddique does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Durre Siddique does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Durre Siddique does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.