- Specialities Radiology (Diagnostics)
- Telephone 01782 382504
- Year of first qualification 1995
- GMC Number 4204286
- Website http://www.merciafibroidclinic.com/
Dr Wells is a Consultant Interventional Radiologist experienced in Vascular and Non vascular Intervention and cross sectional imaging.
He is the research lead for Imaging at RSUH and was principle Investigator for the UK Rope registry recruiting patients for prostate artery embolisation and Investigator for the FEMME trial of myomectomy vs Uterine artery embolisation for symptomatic fibroids.
- Every Tuesday 8:00 - 10:30
- Consultant Interventional Radiologist and Research Lead at Royal Stoke University Hospital
- Fibroid Embolisation
- Prostate Artery Embolisation
- General Intervention
- Cross sectional Imaging
- Traveling with his wife and children
- Mountain biking
- General Medical Council
- Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists
- Medical Protection Society
- British Society of Interventional Radiologists
Principle Investigator for the UK ROPE trial. Recruited patients into the trail looking at the safety and efficacy of prostate embolisation in the UK for patients with lower urinary tract symptoms. Due to report to NICE.
Investigator for the FEMME trial. A multicentre randomised control trial of fibroid embolization vs Myomectomy for patients with symptomatic uterine fibroids.
Recent audit of the last 5 years of fibroid embolization showed a quality service with no major complications or adverse incidents
DeclarationDr David Wells works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Dr David Wells does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr David Wells does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr David Wells does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.