- 2 mackerel fillets
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 lemongrass - mashed
- 1 chilli
- Black pepper and salt for seasoning
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- Spring onion
- Soya sauce (or tamari sauce GF)
- In a pan heat up the oil and cook the fish skin side down until crispy, about 5 minutes
- Turn over and cook the other side, about 2 minutes
- Move to a warm plate
- Gently fry the chopped chilli, lemongrass and ginger
- Mix in a tablespoon of soy sauce
- Pour over the fish
- Scatter sliced spring onion over the top and serve with wholemeal rice and steamed vegetables.
Fish is a good source of protein, and mackerel is a good source of omega 3 essential fatty acids, needed for skin and brain health. The lemongrass and ginger add digestive benefits with an oriental flavour.
For gluten-free use Tamari sauce, do not use soya sauce.
Last updated Monday 15 August 2016
First published on Thursday 7 January 2016