The ovaries are part of the female reproductive system and sit either side of the womb.
Ovarian cancer is the fourth most common cancer among women and it largely affects postmenopausal women.
What to look for
Early signs are not always easy to spot, but they may include:
- Bloating or a full feeling in the abdomen
- Pain in the lower abdomen, below the navel
- Unusual vaginal bleeding
- Back pain
- Passing urine more often
- Pain during sex
If you are concerned about any symptoms, or have a family history of cancer, it may be a good idea to see a gynaecologist regularly to help maintain your healthy lifestyle.
How we can help you with ovarian screening
We can help detect early signs of any ovarian cancer with a combination of tests:
- Ultrasound scan – this scanning uses high frequency sound waves to scan for any cysts on the ovary. This can be done abdominally or vaginally, which can be uncomfortable but not painful
- MRI scan (magnetic resonance imaging) - scanning that uses magnetism to build up a picture of the inside of the body. An MRI can detect any tumours on the ovaries
- CT scan (computerised tomography) – this is a type of X-ray which takes pictures from different angles of the body
- Blood test – a blood test can identify certain conditions that detect the presence of a tumour
Our care extends beyond screening. If any abnormalities are found, our team of experts can plan appropriate treatment. Screening and tests help us predict how well you will respond to treatment. Regular screening is always recommended, as early detection and diagnosis can prevent anything out of the ordinary from becoming more serious.
Note: This does not qualify for the Price Promise below.
Shenfield Road, Brentwood, CM15 8EH
3 Clifton Hill, Clifton, Bristol, BS8 1BN
4 Trumpington Road, Cambridge, CB2 8AF
Cardiff Bay Hospital, Dunleavy Drive, Cardiff, CF11 0SN
25 Beaconsfield Road, Glasgow, G12 0PJ
Stirling Road, Guildford, GU2 7RF
Foxhall Road, Ipswich, IP4 5SW
2 Leighton Street, Leeds, LS1 3EB
Scraptoft Lane, Leicester, LE5 1HY
Clayton Road, Newcastle-under-Lyme, ST5 4DB
Beech Road, Headington, Oxford, OX3 7RP
Derriford Road, Plymouth, PL6 8BG
Kingswood Road, Tunbridge Wells, TN2 4UL
The Chase, Old Milverton Lane, Leamington Spa, CV32 6RW
Shores Road, Woking, GU21 4BY
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Get in touch
Fill in an enquiry form below or call us
A member of the team will respond to you soon.