Tummy tuck surgery (abdominoplasty) in Wolverhampton
At Nuffield Health Wolverhampton Hospital our leading cosmetic surgeons specialise in tummy tuck surgery and can provide you rapid access to surgery in our spotlessly clean hospital. Read more…
|Initial consultation||from £200|
|Pre-assessment, Main treatment and Post-discharge care||£5,950|
The guide price
stated above is an approximation of the cost of treatment only. The final price
may vary according to Consultant fees, prosthesis or drugs used and any
pre-existing medical conditions which may alter your care pathway.
You will be given a fixed all-inclusive price for treatment following
your initial consultation with a Consultant.
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Contact our cosmetic surgery experts in Wolverhampton
Fill in the form below, or give us a call.
A member of the team will respond to you soon.
Wood Road, Tettenhall, Wolverhampton, WV6 8LE
Why choose Nuffield Health Wolverhampton Hospital for your tummy tuck surgery?
At Nuffield Health Wolverhampton Hospital our experienced consultants can provide you with a personalised treatment plan for tummy tuck surgery, which is completely tailored to you. We believe that the patient experience is key when it comes to private healthcare, that's why we have heavily invested into our medical facilities and staff.
To maintain our consistently high level of primary care, our cosmetic surgeons are provided with the full support of our friendly and attentive matron-led nursing team. Our nursing staff are highly qualified and ensure a clean, calm and comfortable hospital setting for patients.
By choosing to have tummy tuck surgery at Nuffield Health Wolverhampton Hospital you will have access to your very own private room. Each patient room is fully equipped with a widescreen TV, large en-suite bathroom and free wireless internet accessibility to enhance your comfort, privacy and entertainment during your hospital stay.
Deciding whether to undertake cosmetic surgery or not isn’t easy and we understand that having any form of cosmetic surgery is a big step. As a result we request that all patients engage fully with one of our consultants through a consultation, ensuring they have discussed all the options available before making an informed decision.
Is a tummy tuck procedure right for me?
- You are most likely to benefit from a tummy tuck if you are self-conscious about what your abdomen looks like
- This is sometimes because the skin of the abdomen does not shrink back after pregnancy or after losing a lot of weight
- This procedure is not appropriate for people who are over weight or as an attempt to lose weight
- Your surgeon in Leeds will carry out a thorough assessment before deciding if surgery is suitable for you
- The operation is performed under a general anaesthetic and usually takes between 2 - 5 hours.
The different surgical options available:
- Full abdominoplasty - Is suitable if you have a lot of excess skin. Your surgeon will make a curved cut from one hip to the other. They will remove any excess skin and fat. Your surgeon will then cut under the skin above your umbilicus (belly button), pulling it downwards and tightening it. Sometimes they will need to reconstruct your umbilicus and tighten the muscles of the abdominal wall
- Mini abdominoplasty - Is suitable if you only have a little excess skin. Your surgeon will only need to make a small cut just above the pubic area to remove the excess skin
- Endoscopic abdominoplasty - Is suitable if you only need to have the muscles of your abdominal wall tightened. Your surgeon will make small cuts and use special surgical instruments to tighten the muscles.
Going home after having an abdominoplasty at Nuffield Health Wolverhampton Hospital
- The length of your hospital stay depends on which procedure is performed
- With full abdominoplasty you should be able to go home after 2 - 3 days
- You may have dressings and drains (plastic tubes) coming out of both sides of your abdomen
- The drains area usually removed before you leave hospital
- You will be given post-operative pain killers
- Most patients are mobile from day one and return to normal activities within 6 weeks
- We recommend discussing returning to work with your surgeon
- The results of an abdominoplasty improve gradually over the first 6 months
- To achieve the best outcome patients should maintain a balanced diet and exercise regularly.
Most people make a good recovery and return to normal activities. However, although rare, as with any surgery there can be complications:
- Developing a swelling
- Numbness or persistent pain
- Cosmetic problems.
Tummy tuck surgery costs
The cost of tummy tuck surgery may be more affordable than you think. Our prices are inclusive of all costs and have no hidden surprises. You have the option to pay for your procedure as a one off payment or if preferred, you may be eligible for an interest free loan.
We are confident that the price for your treatment at Nuffield Health Wolverhampton Hospital will be competitive and we are proud to deliver outstanding clinical care at a fair price.
To achieve the best results from any type of plastic surgery, whether it is breast enhancement, liposuction, a face lift or tummy tuck, it is important to do your research first. Mr Darren Lewis provides some tips for what to ask before surgery.