Vaginal prolapse surgery in Leamington Spa
Or call us on
Are you suffering from a vaginal prolapse after not responding to conventional treatment? At Nuffield Health Warwickshire Hospital our gynaecologists can help treat your condition through vaginal prolapse repair surgery.
Why choose Nuffield Health Warwickshire Hospital for your vaginal prolapse surgery?
A vaginal prolapse is very common in women who have undergone a hysterectomy (removal of the uterus). This is because the uterus supports the top of your vagina. Other possible causes include childbirth and hormonal changes in the menopause. If your vaginal prolapse does not respond to conservative treatment, your consultant at Nuffield Health Warwickshire Hospital may recommend vaginal prolapse surgery.
Our consultants understand that every patient is different, and as a result, women's health patients are provided with an individually tailored treatment plan which is inclusive of all costs and any additional aftercare needed.
Nuffield Health Warwickshire Hospital has been leading the way for gynaecology in The Midlands for a number of years. Our highly skilled consultants have built an exemplary reputation in the local community for their sucesfull patient outcomes, personable care and expert advice.
How to book a consultation to see a women's health expert in Leamington Spa
If you are considering vaginal prolapse surgery or want to find out more about the treatment options available, you will need to arrange an initial consultation. To book, please call our dedicated hospital enquiry team on 01926 436 351.
What happens during vaginal prolapse surgery?
- Vaginal prolapse surgery is usually performed under general anaesthetic
- In some cases it can be performed as laparoscopic surgery
- The length of the procedure will depend on the extent of your prolapse
- Your consultant will make incisions inside your vagina and strengthen the supporting tissues with stitches
- They may make repairs to both the back and front vaginal walls
- Additional supporting stitches may be needed may be needed at the top of your vagina or into your cervix
- In some cases surgical mesh may be used. Any wounds will be closed using dissolvable staples
- At the end of your procedure they may insert a catheter into your bladder to drain urine and your vagina may be packed with material to prevent bleeding. These will be removed in 1-2 days
- You may need to stay in our Warwickshire Hospital for 3-5 days
- You will be able to go home once you are able to move about confidently and you can pass urine with no problem.
Going home after your vaginal prolapse surgery
- You will not be able to drive until release to do so by your consultant
- Please arrange for someone to take you home on your day of discharge
- You will need to rest and recover for several weeks.
- Take over the counter pain relief such as paracetamol as needed for any post-operative pain
- You may experience light vaginal bleeding for up to 2 weeks
- You should avoid lifting anything heavy including shopping, laundry or young children for the first 2-4 weeks.
- In addition you should avoid any strenuous sports activities for at least 4 weeks
- Any stitches you have will dissolve in about 10-14 days. There is no need to remove them.
Most women make a good recovery from vaginal prolapse surgery. As with any operation there can be complications:
- Blood clots (deep vein thrombosis).
Specific complications of vaginal prolapse surgery include:
- Perforation of bladder or rectum
- Injury to the uterus
- Recurrence of symptoms.
Vaginal Prolapse Surgery consultants at Warwickshire Hospital
The Chase, Old Milverton Lane, Leamington Spa, CV32 6RW
|Initial consultation||from £200|
|Diagnostics||If needed to determine treatment plan|
|Pre-assessment, Main treatment and Post-discharge care||£8,365|
The guide price
stated above is an approximation of the cost of treatment only. The final price
may vary according to Consultant fees, prosthesis or drugs used and any
pre-existing medical conditions which may alter your care pathway.
You will be given a fixed all-inclusive price for treatment following
your initial consultation with a Consultant.
Ways to pay
Nuffield Health promise
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Paying for yourself
There are no hidden costs in our treatment prices. The price you see is the price you pay.Find out more
Personal medical loan
Spread the cost of your treatment with a 6, 10 or 12 month 0% personal medical loan.Find out more
We work with you and your insurance provider to get you the treatment you need quicklyFind out more