Cancer Centre at The Holly
Book an appointment
At The Holly Hospital we’re committed to providing you with the highest levels of personalised private cancer care services in comfortable, friendly and relaxing surroundings.
We closely work with you to support your individual choices and preferences in a warm, caring and supportive environment.
Cancer testing and screening
At The Holly Hospital, we offer a range of cancer testing and screening services. Our team of experienced consultants and radiographers offer a comprehensive choice of diagnostic cancer health checks including:
- Bowel cancer screening
- Breast clinic
- Breast screening (mammography)
- Cervical cancer health checks
- Prostate cancer health checks
- Skin cancer screening
- CT scanning
- MRI scanning
Our onsite Diagnostic and Imaging Centre is fully-equipped with advanced technology and equipment to ensure we can scan any area of the body as required. Our consultant radiologists specialise in interpreting scans and detecting diseases such as cancer. Their work is often vital in finding an accurate and early diagnosis – improving the prospects for treatment – and is fundamental to the management of cancer care. They also play an important role in identifying sources of the disease and reducing the possible risks of further spread.
Our consultant dermatologists can check for and treat skins cancers and our consultant oral and maxillofacial surgeons can check and treat mouth and oral cancers.
Our onsite Pathology laboratory analyses samples onsite, 6 days a week, meaning that you don’t have to wait a long time for results.
Cancer surgery and procedures
Some types of cancer can be treated with surgery. If surgery forms part of your treatment you will be admitted to The Holly Hospital either as a day patient or a longer inpatient. Before surgery, you’ll be assessed for your suitability for anaesthetic and surgery.
Our purpose built chemotherapy suite is fitted with state-of-the-art equipment needed to deliver complex private cancer treatment in comfortable and relaxed surroundings.
Patients receiving cancer treatments at The Holly Hospital are also able to access a full range of supportive care services including:
- Private GP services
- Onsite diagnostics department
- Pathology laboratory
- Onsite pharmacy
- Pain management specialists
- Our dietitian can provide specialist nutritional advice and dietary support
- The physiotherapy team who can offer physical therapy and rehabilitation and complementary therapies including acupuncture
- Our team of psychologists and counsellors who can offer emotional support to you and your family.
Staying in contact with you
We think that one of the most important parts of cancer care is actually keeping in touch with you. Our team will always try their best to be available for a chat or to keep you up-to-date with the latest information on cancer and cancer treatments.
When you come to The Holly Hospital for cancer care we will give you contact details for your consultant doctors and our specialist oncology nurses who are there to support you when you need them.
Cancer symptom management
The symptoms of cancer vary greatly from one person to another. However you might experience feeling sick, pain, tiredness, anxiety and/or loss of appetite. Not everyone will have these symptoms, however.
Our experienced multidisciplinary team work closely with you to help you manage the symptoms associated with cancer and your treatment.
Our specialist cancer nurses will help you deal with cancer symptom management by:
- Carrying out a thorough assessment of your symptoms
- Working closely with your Consultant Oncologists to ensure they have accurate and up-to-date patient information
- Providing information on treatments
- Supporting you in managing the emotional, physical and psychological effects of your illness
- Liaising with other healthcare professionals in the hospital including pharmacists, dieticians, physiotherapists, pain management specialists, psychologists, and radiographers/radiologists
- Offering emotional support.
Our experienced and caring nursing team will help support you with all the symptoms of your cancer.
Cancer care facilities
Our cancer care facilities include:
- Two inpatient wards with private en-suite rooms and comfortable seating for friends or family
- Chemotherapy suite fitted with state-of-the-art equipment needed to deliver complex cancer treatment in comfortable and relaxed surroundings
- Five state-of-the-art operating theatres
- Pathology laboratory which provides a range of testing facilities with rapid turnaround times
- Imaging department equipped with MRI, mammography, CT scanning and ultrasound
- Spacious and modern daycare centre for patients having day-case treatment
- Patient information area with a wide range of information on cancer, treatments and local support groups
- Private consultation rooms for one-to-one meetings with your care team.
As a patient at The Holly Hospital, you can choose to have chemotherapy treatment in the relaxing surroundings of the chemotherapy suite or in your own private bedroom. Many people enjoy the social aspect of having cancer treatment in the same space as other people who are going through a similar situation.
Our multidisciplinary team in cancer care is led by experienced Consultant Oncologists and surgeons. They are all experts in their field and specialise in diagnosing and treating a range of cancers.
Our Oncologists and consultants are supported by specialist oncology nurses. They have extensive experience in a wide range of maligancies, providing support for patients from diagnosis through to treatment and follow-up. Our cancer nurses are trained in all issues relating to cancer including chemotherapy, the management of side effects and in providing supportive care.
The team is also supported by our experienced radiologists and radiographers who are experts in using imaging technology to test for cancer.
MBChB, MD(London University), FRCP, FRCPath
BSc, FRCR, MBBCh, MD, MRCP, MSc
Specialty Clinical Oncology
MBBS, MRCP, FRCR
MBBS, MRCP, FRCR
MB BS; MRCP; FRCPath
MBBCh, MRCP, FRCR
If you have a referral and would like to book a consultation please call us on 0208 936 1201 or fill in the form below.