Vasectomy surgery in Newcastle
Do you no longer wish to father children? At Nuffield Health Newcastle Hospital our expert urology consultants specialise in male sterilisation and can provide you with rapid access to a vasectomy procedure, enabling you to enjoy your sex life without worrying about conceiving. Read more…
|Initial consultation||from £200|
|Pre-assessment, Main treatment and Post-discharge care||£945|
The guide price
stated above is an approximation of the cost of treatment only. The final price
may vary according to Consultant fees, prosthesis or drugs used and any
pre-existing medical conditions which may alter your care pathway.
You will be given a fixed all-inclusive price for treatment following
your initial consultation with a Consultant.
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Contact our men's health experts in Newcastle
Fill out a contact form, or give us a call.
A member of the team will respond to you soon.
Clayton Road, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, NE2 1JP
Why choose Nuffield Health Newcastle Hospital for your vasectomy procedure?
At Nuffield Health Newcastle upon Tyne Hospital our experienced consultant urologists specialise in male fertility, regularly helping patients in Northumberland become infertile through male sterilisation. If your personal circumstances have changed and you no longer wish to father children, a vasectomy could be a very effective form of long-term contraception.
By choosing to undergo vasectomy surgery you're not necessarily committing to infertility for the rest of your life. Although a vasectomy is widely considered to be permanent, the procedure can be reversed if your personal circumstances change. At Nuffield Health Newcastle Hospital our consultants also perform vasectomy reversal surgery, however success can vary due to the procedures complexity.
Having a vasectomy procedure is a very important decision to take and it should be discussed with your partner before proceeding with any treatment.
Nuffield Health Newcastle Hospital has been leading the way for men's health treatment in the North East since opening in 1973. Specialist consultants are able to utilize our state-of-the-art medical facilities, employing the latest and least invasive surgical techniques.
How to book a private consultation at Nuffield Health Newcastle Hospital
If you are interested in undergoing a vasectomy, we recommend that you book an initial consultation with one of our consultant urologists first, so you are fully informed before making a decision. To arrange a consultation, please call our hospital enquiry team on 0191 281 6131.
Alternatively, if you fill out a contact form above, we will get back to you at a more appropriate time to arrange a consultation.
Is a vasectomy right for you?
You should only consider a vasectomy if you are certain that you do not want any or further children. If you have a partner, it is important to discuss your thoughts with them first. If you do have any doubts, it’s best to wait until you have made a definite decision.
How does a vasectomy work?
- The operation works by stopping the sperm made in the testes reaching the semen
- Your body can still produce sperm, but the testicles reabsorb it naturally
- The surgery is under local anaesthetic and lasts about 30 minutes
- You may have some pain and swelling following the procedure but you should be able to return to work in 2 to 3 days
- After surgery, we will check your semen to make sure no sperm is present
- You should use alternative contraception until these tests are complete
- This can take up to 12 weeks.
Will my sex life be affected by a vasectomy?
- A vasectomy will not affect your sex drive or your ability to enjoy sex
- Semen is still produced, there is simply no sperm present
- You should use another form of contraception until we have confirmed that the operation is a success through a semen test
- You should remember that a vasectomy protects against causing pregnancy. but it does not protect against any sexually transmitted infection.