- Specialities Urology, Andrology, Endo-urology, Urological Cancer, Urological Surgery, Men's Health
- Telephone 07749565442
- Year of first qualification 1991
- Email email@example.com
- GMC Number 3545111
Mr Dorkin has been in consultant practice since 2006 having undertaken fellowship posts in India and Australia after completing his urology training in the North East. He provides advice and treatment for general urological conditions including kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, and prostate problems. He specialises in genito-urethral reconstruction and surgical andrology.
Mr Dorkin is engaged in clinical research and service improvement programmes and is also an examiner for the Royal College of Surgeons of England. He is a medical expert witness for civil and criminal cases.
- Wednesday 16:00 - 18:00
- Consultant Urological Surgeon, The Freeman Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne
- Consultant Urological Surgeon, Wansbeck Hospital, Northumberland
- Consultant Urological Surgeon, The Nuffield Health Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne
Andrology – erectile dysfunction
- Urinary symptoms
- Stone disease
- Andrology – erectile dysfunction
- Urethral strictures and urethral reconstruction
- Prostate surgery
- Scrotal surgery
Walking, cycling, skiing, football, church
- Urological Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Royal Society of Medicine
- Royal College of Surgeons (Eng)
- European Association of Urology
- North of England Medico-Legal Society
Mr Dorkin has an active interest in clinical research with over 40 published papers and abstracts. A selection of recent publications includes:
1. C Harding, TJ Dorkin, AC Thorpe (2009), Is low bladder compliance predictive of detrusor overactivity?, Neurourol Urodyn. 28(1): 74-7
2. SJ Bromage, TJ Dorkin, L Chan,V Tse (2010), Urodynamics in the octogenarian female: is it worthwhile? Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct. 21(9): 1117-21
3. C Harding, B Horsburgh, TJ Dorkin, AC Thorpe (2012), Quantifying the effect of urodynamic catheters on urine flow rate measurement, Neurourol Urodyn, 31(1): 139-142
4. Jackson MJ, Veeratterapillay R, Harding CK, Dorkin TJ (2014) Intermittent self-dilatation for urethral stricture disease in males. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 19;(12):CD010258
5. Rees RW, Brown G, Dorkin T, Lucky M, Pearcy R, Shabbir M, Shukla CJ, Summerton DJ, Muneer A (2018) British Association of Urological Surgeons (BAUS) consensus document for the management of male genital emergencies – penile fracture. BJU Int 122: 26-28
DeclarationMr Trevor Dorkin works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Trevor Dorkin does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Trevor Dorkin does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Trevor Dorkin does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.