Vasectomy reversal surgery in Newcastle
If you're a man who wants to father children again, having previously had a vasectomy, our expert urologists based at Nuffield Health Newcastle Hospital can help. Our men's health consultants have earned an exceptional record for delivering successful patient outcomes from vasectomy reversal surgery. Read more…
|Initial consultation||from £200|
|Pre-assessment, Main treatment and Post-discharge care||£2,935|
The guide price
stated above is an approximation of the cost of treatment only. The final price
may vary according to Consultant fees, prosthesis or drugs used and any
pre-existing medical conditions which may alter your care pathway.
You will be given a fixed all-inclusive price for treatment following
your initial consultation with a Consultant.
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Contact our men's health experts in Newcastle
If you are interested in vasectomy reversal surgery, fill in a contact form, or give us a call.
A member of the team will respond to you soon.
Clayton Road, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, NE2 1JP
Why choose Nuffield health Newcastle Hospital for your vasectomy reversal?
Due to a change in your personal circumstances you may be considering fathering a child with your partner. This may not have been seen as possible following a previous vasectomy procedure, however for some patients the procedure can be reversed through vasectomy reversal surgery.
Vasectomy reversal surgery is not always successful due to the complexity and delicacy of the procedure, nonetheless our experienced urologists have performed a number of effective procedures, helping many men across the North East region become fertile again.
Our private hospital in conveniently located in Jesmond, a quiet suburb 5 minutes away from Newcastle's bustling town centre. Our 'out of the way' location enables us to provide patients with plenty of free parking, easy access to public transport and ultimately a relaxing environment to rest before and after surgery.
How to book an initial consultation at Nuffield Health Newcastle Hospital
If you are are considering vasectomy reversal or want advice from a men's health professional, you can discuss your treatment options with one of our urology consultants in Newcastle upon Tyne by booking a private consultation via our dedicated hospital enquiry team on 0191 281 6131.
During a consultation you will have the opportunity to discuss all the options open to you, making sure you make the right decision. If you are wanting to become fertile again we recommend you discuss this with your partner, who is also welcome at the consultation.
What happens during vasectomy reversal surgery
- Vasectomy reversal is performed under general anaesthetic
- It usually takes between an 1 hour - 1.5 hours
- During a vasectomy the vas deferen tubes are cut preventing sperm from leaving the epididymis
- To reverse this procedure your surgeon at Nuffield Health Newcastle Hospital will locate the site of your vasectomy
- They will usually make cuts on each side of your scrotum
- After examining each testicle they will free up the tubes and remove any scar tissue
- Using a special microscope they will stitch the ends of the tubes back together
- They will close the surgical wounds with stitches.
After vasectomy reversal surgery
- You should be able to go home the day of your procedure but you should arrange for someone to drive you
- Take over the counter pain relief such as Paracetamol if you have any discomfort, as advised by the clinical team
- You should avoid any strenuous activity or heavy lifting for at least 3 weeks after your surgery
- Gentle walking may speed your recovery
- Please discuss any return to work with your consultant
- About 6 - 8 weeks after your surgery you will need to return to our clinic to give a semen sample
- We will examine the sample for sperm
- If no sperm are present or your sperm count is very low we may ask you to return for another test at a later date.
General complications could include:
- Infection in the surgical wound
Specific complications of a vasectomy reversal could include:
- Long term pain
- Bleeding within the scrotum
- Damage to blood vessel
- Scar tissue causing the tubes to block
- Failure to restore fertility.