Vasectomy reversal surgery in Haywards Heath
Get rapid access to vasectomy reversal surgery performed by our experienced men's health experts at Nuffield Health Haywards Heath Hospital. All of our consultants obtain a vast experience in male fertility and will provide a treatment plan tailored to you. Read more…
Contact our urology experts in Haywards Heath
Fill out a contact form, or give us a call
A member of the team will respond to you soon.
Burrell Road, Haywards Heath, RH16 1UD
Why choose Nuffield Health Haywards Heath Hospital for your vasectomy reversal surgery?
If you are a man whose personal circumstances have changed and you are considering a vasectomy reversal, our expert urology consultants at Nuffield Health Haywards Heath Hospital are here to help. They have built a strong reputation for their successful track record reversing vasectomies whilst employing the most modern techniques.
At Nuffield Health Haywards Heath Hospital, we have attracted some of the most talented urological surgeons in the South East who practice our first-class approach to primary care every day. Since opening, we have continued to heavily invest in our medical facilities and staff, so you can rest assured that you are in the best possible hands for your vasectomy reversal procedure.
How to book a consultation at Nuffield Health Haywards Heath Hospital
Booking a consultation to see one of our expert urologists is easy. Simply call our dedicated hospital enquiry team on 01444 456999. Alternatively, you can fill in a contact form above and a member of our enquiry team will get back to you at a more convenient time.
What happens during vasectomy reversal surgery
- Vasectomy reversal is performed under general anaesthetic
- It usually takes between an 1 hour - 1.5 hours
- During a vasectomy the vas deferen tubes are cut preventing sperm from leaving the epididymis
- To reverse this procedure your surgeon in Haywards Heath will locate the site of your vasectomy
- They will usually make cuts on each side of your scrotum
- After examining each testicle they will free up the tubes and remove any scar tissue
- Using a special microscope they will stitch the ends of the tubes back together
- They will close the surgical wounds with stitches.
After vasectomy reversal surgery at Nuffield Health Haywards Heath Hospital
- You should be able to go home the day of your procedure but you should arrange for someone to drive you
- Take over the counter pain relief such as Paracetamol if you have any discomfort, as advised by the clinical team
- You should avoid any strenuous activity or heavy lifting for at least 3 weeks after your surgery
- Gentle walking may speed your recovery
- Please discuss any return to work with your consultant
- About 6 - 8 weeks after your surgery you will need to return to our clinic to give a semen sample
- We will examine the sample for sperm
- If no sperm are present or your sperm count is very low we may ask you to return for another test at a later date.
General complications could include:
- Infection in the surgical wound
Specific complications of a vasectomy reversal could include:
- Long term pain
- Bleeding within the scrotum
- Damage to blood vessel
- Scar tissue causing the tubes to block
- Failure to restore fertility.