Mr Alanbuki joined the urology department at the Brighton and Sussex NHS Trust as Consultant Urologist since 2016, with specialist interest in Urinary Upper Tract Oncology, Stone Diseases, Minimal Invasive Prostate Surgery (Urolift), Andrology and Laparoscopy
He has completed basic surgical training in the Northeast of England. Having gained broad experience in general surgery and urology, he then worked as a research fellow at the Barts and London University Hospitals working on the Reduction by Dutasteride of Prostate Cancer Events (REDUCE) trial.
His inquisitive nature and communication particularly listening and utilisation of transferable skills would enable him to successfully and safely treat patients in the future and to be an advocate of high quality care, training issues and research projects.
He joined the Eastern deanery for higher surgical training program in urology and received comprehensive training in diagnostic and therapeutic general urology, moreover he spent the last two years gaining sub-specialist training in endourology, laparoscopic kidney surgery and stone disease at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals.
- MDT lead for kidney cancer and Laparoscopic surgery.
- Develop Minimal Invasive Surgery for prostate in the South East.
- Urology Module leader for year three medical students at the Brighton and Sussex Medical School.
- Member of the trust appraisal team in charge of consultants and senior doctor annual appraisal.
- Lead for the Robotic Programme as part of modernising minimal invasive surgery.
Kidney cancer, Stone diseases, Urolift and Prostate Surgery, Andrology and Laparoscopic surgery.
Prostate cancer diagnostic work, Female Urology and Andrology.
Mr Alanbuki is very keen to establish strong ties with colleagues in the primary care and provide high quality care and advice in timely manner by establishing electronic clinics and urology advice surgeries for quicker urology input as well as extending clinical input and expertise for patients in the primary care setup as required.
English and Arabic
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Ammar Alanbuki at Nuffield Health
- Vasectomy reversal
- Transurethral resection of bladder tumour (TURBT)
- Prostate screening
- Endoscopic kidney stone treatment
- Prostate laser treatment
- Laparoscopic urology
- Testicular ultrasound
- Intravenous pyelogram (IVP)
- Prostate surgery
- Epididymal surgery
- Female urology
- Prostate resection (TURP)
- Vasectomy or male sterilisation
Applying evidence-based medicine in practice has inspired him to instigate his research project in the management of testicular tumours and awarded the degree of MSc. from Teesside University.
Mr Alanbuki has several publications and has actively participated in national and international meetings. This has improved his insight to this specialty and helped him improve the quality of care delivered to his patients.
- General Medical Council
- Royal College of Surgeons England
- American Urology Association
- European Association of Urology
- Endourology Society
- Arab School of Urology
Other post held
- Consultant Urologist at Royal Sussex County Hospital, Brighton
- Consultant Urologist at Princess Royal hospital, Hayward Heath
- Consultant Urologist at Lewes Victoria Hospital, Lewes
Insurers Mr Ammar Alanbuki works with
Mr Ammar Alanbuki works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- CS Healthcare
Mr Ammar Alanbuki does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Ammar Alanbuki does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Ammar Alanbuki does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.
Free events with Mr Ammar Alanbuki
Monday 1 February 2021
Haywards Heath Hospital
Mr Ammar Alanbuki, Consultant Urologist
This complimentary virtual event is for men who are suffering from or would like to know more about prostate problems.Book your place now