Tummy tuck surgery (abdominoplasty) in Guildford
At Nuffield Health Guildford Hospital, our expereinced cosmetic surgeons specialise in tummy tuck surgery. With abdominoplasty, you will receive the individual attention you need and deserve Read more…
|Initial consultation||from £165|
|Pre-assessment, Main treatment and Post-discharge care||£7,565|
The price displayed for your initial consultation is a guideline only as Consultant fees vary according to their own individual fee schedules. The price displayed above however for pre-assessment, main treatment and post-discharge care is guaranteed and inclusive of all costs.
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Contact our cosmetic experts in Guildford
Fill in the form below, or give us a call.
A member of the team will respond to you soon.
Why choose Nuffield Health Guildford Hospital for your tummy tuck procedure?
Nuffield Health Guildford Hospital boasts a range of expert cosmetic surgeons who all posses a wealth of experience in performing successful tummy tuck procedures (abdominoplasty). Our specialist consultants are fully supported by our attentive matron-led nursing team who are committed to ensuring first-class clinical care and patient support during your stay.
Our recent hospital refurbishment has seen our patent rooms transformed into private en-suit bedrooms with widescreen TV's, modern decor and wireless internet accessibility. Our refurbished facilities provide you with that extra dose of home comfort and in-room entertainment needed during a stay in hospital.
Undergoing any form of cosmetic surgery is a serious decision, thats why any patient at Nuffield Health Guildford Hospital must have a full consultation with one of our cosmetic surgeons before going through with surgery.
Alternately you can always attend one of our free cosmetic open events. Here you will get the opportunity to meet a cosmetic surgeon in person and ask any questions you may have about the surgery you are interested in.
Please note that attending an open event at our Guildford Hospital does not replace a consultation and you will still need to book a full consultation before proceeding with any treatment.
Is a tummy tuck procedure right for me?
- You are most likely to benefit from a tummy tuck if you are self-conscious about what your abdomen looks like
- This is sometimes because the skin of the abdomen does not shrink back after pregnancy or after losing a lot of weight
- This procedure is not appropriate for people who are over weight or as an attempt to lose weight
- Your surgeon in Leeds will carry out a thorough assessment before deciding if surgery is suitable for you
- The operation is performed under a general anaesthetic and usually takes between 2 - 5 hours.
The different surgical options available:
- Full abdominoplasty - is suitable if you have a lot of excess skin. Your surgeon will make a curved cut from one hip to the other. They will remove any excess skin and fat. Your surgeon will then cut under the skin above your umbilicus (belly button), pulling it downwards and tightening it. Sometimes they will need to reconstruct your umbilicus and tighten the muscles of the abdominal wall
- Mini abdominoplasty - is suitable if you only have a little excess skin. Your surgeon will only need to make a small cut just above the pubic area to remove the excess skin
- Endoscopic abdominoplasty - is suitable if you only need to have the muscles of your abdominal wall tightened. Your surgeon will make small cuts and use special surgical instruments to tighten the muscles.
Going home after having an abdominoplasty at Nuffield Health Guildford Hospital
- The length of your hospital stay depends on which procedure is performed
- With full abdominoplasty you should be able to go home after 2 - 3 days
- You may have dressings and drains (plastic tubes) coming out of both sides of your abdomen
- The drains area usually removed before you leave hospital
- You will be given post-operative pain killers
- Most patients are mobile from day one and return to normal activities within 6 weeks
- We recommend discussing returning to work with your surgeon
- The results of an abdominoplasty improve gradually over the first 6 months
- To achieve the best outcome patients should maintain a balanced diet and exercise regularly.
Most people make a good recovery and return to normal activities. However, although rare, as with any surgery there can be complications:
- Developing a swelling
- Numbness or persistent pain
- Cosmetic problems.
Tummy tuck surgery costs
The cost of tummy tuck surgery may be more affordable than you think. Our prices are inclusive of all costs and have no hidden surprises. You have the option to pay for your procedure as a one off payment or if preferred, you may be eligible for an interest free loan.
We are confident that the price for your treatment at Nuffield Health Guildford Hospital will be competitive and we are proud to deliver outstanding clinical care at a fair price.
To achieve the best results from any type of plastic surgery, whether it is breast enhancement, liposuction, a face lift or tummy tuck, it is important to do your research first. Mr Darren Lewis provides some tips for what to ask before surgery.