Vasectomy reversal surgery in Glasgow
After a change in personal circumstances, are you considering vasectomy reversal surgery? At Nuffield Health Glasgow Hospital our leading urology consultants are experts in male fertility and can help you become fertile again with rapid access to treatment. Read more…
Paying for yourself
|Consultant fees||Hospital fees|
|Initial consultation||£150||No charge|
|Subtotals||£150 guide price||£2745 guaranteed price|
The price displayed for your initial consultation is a guideline only as Consultant fees vary according to their own individual fee schedules. The price displayed above however for pre-assessment, main treatment and post-discharge care is guaranteed and inclusive of all costs.
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Contact our male fertility experts in Glasgow
Fill in a contact form, or give us a call.
A member of the team will respond to you soon.
25 Beaconsfield Road, Glasgow, G12 0PJ
Why choose Nuffield Health Glasgow Hospital for your vasectomy reversal surgery?
At Nuffield Health Glasgow Hospital, our experienced urologists can help you regain your fertility if you have previously had a vasectomy. Vasectomy reversal surgery is not always successful due to the complexity and delicacy of the procedure, nonetheless our expert urologists have performed a number of effective procedures, helping many men across Scotland become fertile again.
This procedure is usually undertaken by men who have experienced a change in personal circumstances and must be carefully considered with your partner before proceeding with treatment.
We are proud of our hospitals exceptional reputation for private care and patient satisfaction. By going private at Nuffield Health Glasgow Hospital, you can expect to make use of our first-class patient facilities which include your very own patient bedroom to relax in before and after surgery.
In your room, you will find a widescreen TV, radio, free WIFI and a large en-suite bathroom to make your stay as entertaining and comfortable as possible.
How to book a consultation with a urologist at Nuffield Health Glasgow Hospital
If you are are considering vasectomy reversal or want advice from a men's health professional, you can discuss your treatment options with one of our urology consultants in Glasgow by booking a private consultation via our dedicated hospital enquiry team on 01413 349 441.
During a consultation you will have the opportunity to discuss all the options open to you, making sure you make the right decision. If you are wanting to become fertile again we recommend you discuss this with your partner, who is also welcome at the consultation.
What happens during vasectomy reversal surgery
- Vasectomy reversal is performed under general anaesthetic
- It usually takes between an 1 hour - 1.5 hours
- During a vasectomy the vas deferen tubes are cut preventing sperm from leaving the epididymis
- To reverse this procedure your surgeon at Nuffield Health Glasgow Hospital will locate the site of your vasectomy
- They will usually make cuts on each side of your scrotum
- After examining each testicle they will free up the tubes and remove any scar tissue
- Using a special microscope they will stitch the ends of the tubes back together
- They will close the surgical wounds with stitches.
After vasectomy reversal surgery
- You should be able to go home the day of your procedure but you should arrange for someone to drive you
- Take over the counter pain relief such as Paracetamol if you have any discomfort, as advised by the clinical team
- You should avoid any strenuous activity or heavy lifting for at least 3 weeks after your surgery
- Gentle walking may speed your recovery
- Please discuss any return to work with your consultant
- About 6 - 8 weeks after your surgery you will need to return to our clinic to give a semen sample
- We will examine the sample for sperm
- If no sperm are present or your sperm count is very low we may ask you to return for another test at a later date.
General complications could include:
- Infection in the surgical wound
Specific complications of a vasectomy reversal could include:
- Long term pain
- Bleeding within the scrotum
- Damage to blood vessel
- Scar tissue causing the tubes to block
- Failure to restore fertility.