A vasectomy procedure is not always permanent. If your personal circumstances have changed and you want to become fertile again, our expert urologists in Cheltenham can provide you with rapid access to vasectomy reversal surgery.
Why choose Nuffield Health Cheltenham Hospital for your vasectomy reversal surgery?
If you are a man whose personal circumstances have changed and you are considering a vasectomy reversal, our experienced urology consultants at Nuffield Health Cheltenham Hospital are here to help. They have a great track record of successful outcomes from their vasectomy reversal procedures, employing the most modern techniques.
Vasectomy reversal surgery is not always successful, however our team of urologists obtain a wealth of experience and expertise in the procedure which helps contribute to their high success rate. To maintain our first-class primary care standards, all of our surgeons are fully supported by our team of skilled nurses and healthcare assistants.
Nuffield Health Cheltenham Hospital is conveniently located on the outskirts of Cheltenham town centre, close to the A40, providing plenty of free on-site parking and easy access to local transport. All of our in-patient rooms feature private en-suite bathrooms, widescreen TV's, modern decor and unlimited wireless internet connectivity to maximise your comfort, privacy and entertainment during your admission.
If you are still unsure if vasectomy reversal surgery is for you, feel free to come along to one of our free men's health open events. Here you will get the opportunity to meet one of our urological surgeons, learn more about the procedure you are interested in and ask any questions you may have.
How to book a consultation at Nuffield Health Cheltenham Hospital
Booking a private consultation to see one of our men's health experts is easy. Simply call our dedicated hospital enquiry team on 01242 246 552. Alternativey, please fill out a contact form above and one of our hospital enquiry team members will get back to you at a more convenient time.
What happens during vasectomy reversal surgery?
- Vasectomy reversal is performed under general anaesthetic
- It usually takes between an 1 hour - 1.5 hours
- During a vasectomy the vas deferen tubes are cut preventing sperm from leaving the epididymis
- To reverse this procedure your surgeon in Cheltenham will locate the site of your vasectomy
- They will usually make cuts on each side of your scrotum
- After examining each testicle they will free up the tubes and remove any scar tissue
- Using a special microscope they will stitch the ends of the tubes back together
- They will close the surgical wounds with stitches.
After vasectomy reversal surgery at Nuffield Health Cheltenham Hospital
- You should be able to go home the day of your procedure but you should arrange for someone to drive you
- Take over the counter pain relief such as Paracetamol if you have any discomfort, as advised by the clinical team
- You should avoid any strenuous activity or heavy lifting for at least 3 weeks after your surgery
- Gentle walking may speed your recovery
- Please discuss any return to work with your consultant
- About 6 - 8 weeks after your surgery you will need to return to our clinic to give a semen sample
- We will examine the sample for sperm
- If no sperm are present or your sperm count is very low we may ask you to return for another test at a later date.
General complications could include:
- Infection in the surgical wound
Specific complications of a vasectomy reversal could include:
- Long term pain
- Bleeding within the scrotum
- Damage to blood vessel
- Scar tissue causing the tubes to block
- Failure to restore fertility.
Hatherley Lane, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL51 6SY
|Initial consultation||from £185|
|Diagnostics||If needed to determine treatment plan|
|Pre-assessment, Main treatment and Post-discharge care||£3,890|
The guide price
stated above is an approximation of the cost of treatment only. The final price
may vary according to Consultant fees, prosthesis or drugs used and any
pre-existing medical conditions which may alter your care pathway.
You will be given a fixed all-inclusive price for treatment following
your initial consultation with a Consultant.
Ways to pay
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Paying for yourself
There are no hidden costs in our treatment prices. The price you see is the price you pay.Find out more
Personal medical loan
Spread the cost of your treatment with a 6, 10 or 12 month 0% personal medical loan.Find out more
We work with you and your insurance provider to get you the treatment you need quicklyFind out more