- Specialities Urology, Uro-oncology, Men's Health, Urological Surgery, Urological Cancer
- Telephone 01242 246574 (Initial Appointments)
- Year of first qualification 1995
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- GMC Number 4199762
- Fax 01242 246501
Mr Eaton trained at the Royal London Hospital, qualifying in 1995. He undertook his basic surgical training in London before commencing a two year period of research, looking at the role of gene therapy in prostate cancer. His higher surgical training was completed on the South Thames rotation.
He was appointed as Consultant Urological Surgeon for Worcestershire Acute Hospitals Trust in 2006. He provides a general urology service, with a sub-specialist interest in uro-oncology. Whilst working for the trust he helped to develop a high volume, high quality pelvic oncology service offering treatment for all stages of prostate and bladder cancer.
Mr Eaton was appointed to the Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust in 2013. He continues to provide a general urology service whilst helping the continued development of the uro-oncology service. He provides advice and treatment for all aspects of urology and urological cancer, alongside a specialist interest in prostate and bladder cancer.
- Weekly Thursday PM
- Consultant Urologist Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Mr Eaton has wide range of experience in all aspects of Urology, these include:
- Vasectomy and microsurgical vasectomy reversal
- Management of lower urinary tract symptoms
- Benign prostatic disease
- Injections for bladder overactivity
- Prostate cancer management including radical prostatectomy
- Bladder cancer management including cystectomy and orthotopic Reconstruction
- Erectile dysfunction
- Ureteric and renal stones
- Renal cancer
Mr Eaton grew up in Bath before training in London and is married with two children. He has a keen interest in sport and enjoys running and mountain biking. He enters into as many endurance mountain bike events as time will allow. He is a regular supporter of both Worcester Warriors and Bath Rugby, and his loyalties are still divided between clubs!
- British Association of Urological Surgeons
- European Association of Urology
Mr Eaton completed an MS thesis (awarded 2003), working jointly with the Urology and Oncology departments at St George's Hospital. His work looked at "The Role of Immunotherapy in Prostate Cancer".
Since commencing his Consultant post he has continued to support research and audit projects both within the department and regionally.
He is an investigator for the Familial Prostate Cancer Study. He also regularly enters patients into the following clinical trials: STAMPEDE, RADICALS, CHHiP and SORCE.
Mr Jonathan Eaton does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Jonathan Eaton does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Jonathan Eaton does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.