If your personal circumstances have changed and you no longer wish to have children, our expert urologists can provide you with rapid access to a vasectomy, through a treatment plan tailored to you.
Why choose Nuffield Health Cheltenham Hospital for your vasectomy treatment?
At Nuffield Health Cheltenham Hospital our experienced urologists specialise in male fertility treatment and regularly perform vasectomy surgery with consistently successful outcomes. We pride ourselves on our first-class approach to private healthcare, our expert consultants apply the latest surgical techniques, using our state-of-the-art hospital equipment and facilities.
By choosing Nuffield Health Cheltenham Hospital for your vasectomy surgery, you can rest assured that patient confidentially, comfort and excellent care are our paramount priority. Having a vasectomy is an important decision in a man's life, however the procedure can sometimes be reversed if your personal circumstances change and you want to become fertile again.
Vasectomy reversal surgery is also performed by our leading urology consultants. If you are interested in a vasectomy but are not yet ready to commit to a full consultation, feel free to attend one of our complimentary men's health open events. Here you will get the opportunity to meet one of our urology experts, learn more about the procedure and ask any questions you may have to a vasectomy expert.
How to book a consultation at Nuffield Health Cheltenham Hospital
Booking a private consultation to see one of our men's health experts is easy. Simply call our dedicated hospital enquiry team on 01242 807 193. Alternatively, please fill out a contact form above and one of our hospital enquiry team members will get back to you at a more convenient time.
Is a vasectomy right for you?
You should only consider a vasectomy if you are certain that you do not want any or further children. If you have a partner, it is important to discuss your thoughts with them first. If you do have any doubts, it’s best to wait until you have made a definite decision.
How does a vasectomy work?
- The operation works by stopping the sperm made in the testes reaching the semen
- Your body can still produce sperm, but the testicles reabsorb it naturally
- The surgery is under local anaesthetic and lasts about 30 minutes
- You may have some pain and swelling following the procedure but you should be able to return to work in 2 to 3 days
- After surgery, we will check your semen to make sure no sperm is present
- You should use alternative contraception until these tests are complete
- This can take up to 12 weeks.
Will my sex life be affected by a vasectomy?
- A vasectomy will not affect your sex drive or your ability to enjoy sex
- Semen is still produced, there is simply no sperm present
- You should use another form of contraception until we have confirmed that the operation is a success through a semen test
- You should remember that a vasectomy protects against causing pregnancy, but it does not protect against any sexually transmitted infection.
Hatherley Lane, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL51 6SY
Ways to pay
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Paying for yourself
There are no hidden costs in our treatment prices. The price you see is the price you pay.Find out more
Personal medical loan
Spread the cost of treatment with a 10 month interest free personal medical loan.Find out more
We work with you and your insurance provider to get you the treatment you need quicklyFind out more