Breast enlargement surgery at The Vale Hospital
Get the aesthetic results you desire with breast enlargement surgery, performed by our leading cosmetic consultants at Nuffield Health Cardiff and Vale Hospitals. Read more…
|Initial consultation||from £150|
|Pre-assessment, Main treatment and Post-discharge care||£5,320|
The price displayed for your initial consultation is a guideline only as Consultant fees vary according to their own individual fee schedules. The price displayed above however for pre-assessment, main treatment and post-discharge care is guaranteed and inclusive of all costs.
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Contact our cosmetic experts in South Wales
Fill out contact form, or give us a call
A member of the team will respond to you soon.
Cardiff Bay Hospital, Dunleavey Drive, Cardiff, CF11 0SN
The Vale Hospital, Hensol Castle Park, Vale of Glamorgan, CF72 8JX
Why choose Nuffield Health The Vale Hospital for your breast augmentation surgery?
When undergoing cosmetic surgery at Nuffield Health The Vale Hospital you will receive the individual care and attention you deserve. Our experienced cosmetic surgeons specialise in performing breast enlargement surgery and have developed an exceptional track record in South Wales for achieving fantastic patient outcomes.
Our hospital, located in the beautiful Vale of Glamorgan by Hensol Castle, is a technologically advanced private establishment designed to deliver the very best in private cosmetic care. Being an inpatient at The Vale Hospital means you have your very own spotlessly clean private room, with spacious en-suite facilities and beautiful countryside views.
We know that making such a personal and important life decision, such as whether to undertake breast augmentation, is not easy. We believe that undertaking any form of cosmetic surgery is a big step and thus insist all our patients meet with one of our expert consultants, ensuring they are well informed before making a decision.
How to book a private consultation at Nuffield Health Cardiff & Vale Hospitals
If you are looking to get breast implants and want to discuss your treatment options with one of our consultants in either Cardiff or Vale, you will need to book a private consultation via our dedicated hospital enquiry team on 02920 009870.
Our 2 hospital locations in South Wales allow you to shape your own cosmetic treatment
The breast enlargement surgery itself is performed at our Vale Hospital, however patients have the flexibility to decide where their initial consultation takes place. As well as the Vale Hospital, our breast experts operate out of the more centrally located Nuffield Health Cardiff Bay Hospital for initial consultations and pre-op assessments.
Why have breast enlargement surgery?
Women choose this operation for a variety of reasons:
- To enhance the body contour
- To reconstruct the breast after previous breast surgery
- To improve breast size or shape after having children
- To balance a difference in breast size.
What are the benefits?
Perhaps you have always wanted larger breasts, or maybe you want to enhance the shape of your breasts following a pregnancy or major weight loss. Breast augmentation patients often report psychological benefits following the procedure including:
- Increased self esteem (self confidence)
- Enjoy wearing new/fitted clothing
- Feeling more feminine
- Body balance, feeling breast are more in proportion with your body.
What kind of breast implant should I choose?
Based on your unique needs your consultant in South Wales may discuss and advise you on what implant would best suit you.
- All implants are made of an outer layer (shell) of silicone
- They can be filled with silicone, salt water (saline) or both
- The silicone used to fill the implant can be in the form of a liquid or gel (cohesive silicone)
- Liquid silicone and saline implants give a softer and more natural feel
- Cohesive silicone implants give a firmer feel and can come in more shapes
- Textured liquid implants with a simple round shape often give as good results as shaped cohesive-gel implants
- The Medicines and Healthcare products regulatory Agency (MHRA) is responsible for ensuring the safety of implantable medical devices, including breast implants.
Is silicone safe?
Many studies have been carried out to find if silicone breast implants are safe. There is no evidence to suggest that women who have silicone breast implants are at a higher risk of getting diseases such as cancer and arthritis.
What happens during breast enlargement surgery at Nuffield Health The Vale Hospital?
Your operation is performed under a general anaesthetic and usually takes approximately an hour and a half. There are several options for surgical incisions:
- Inframammary (the crease under the breast)
- Transaxillary (the armpit)
- Periareolar (the area around the nipple).
The type of incision (cut) used is based on the type of implant, the degree of augmentation (enlargement), your particular anatomy and patient/surgeon preference.
Your surgeon will usually place the implant in a pocket directly behind your breast as this gives the most natural result. However, if you do not have enough breast skin and tissue to cover the implant, your surgeon may recommend placing the implant behind the pectoral muscle.
Going home after your breast enlargement surgery in South Wales
- You should be able to go home the same day or the day after your breast surgery
- You might be required to wear a special supportive bra for several weeks to help your breasts settle
- Most women return to normal activities within two to three weeks
- Depending on your type of job you should be able to return to work after the first week
- You should be able to do a limited amount of activity, such as lifting young children, after about two weeks
- It usually takes a few weeks for your breasts to look and feel 'normal'
- The results of breast augmentation usually last for a long time
- The length of time a breast implant lasts will vary depending on an individual's personal factors.
Below is a guide as to the stages of recovery after breast augmentation, please note that all patients heal differently:
Day 1 - 4
- Sleep upright in bed supported by pillows to help reduce swelling
- Wear your support bra as advertised by your consultant
- Take things easy when you get home.
5 - 14 days
- Gradually increase your activity but nothing to strenuous
- Any non dissolvable stitches will be removed during this time
- Driving may be commenced only when comfortable.
- Bruising and swelling continue to go down
- You can think about returning to work a week or two after surgery.
- Exercise can resume after 4 weeks but restrain from strenuous exercise for a further two weeks
- Your implants will continue to descend into a more natural looking position.
6 - 9 months
- Scars will begin to soften and fade
- Final result can be judged.
What are the complications with breast enlargement surgery?
Every surgical procedure has a risk of complications. Be sure and discuss any concerns you might have about these risks with your surgeon.
Specific complications of breast augmentation surgery can include:
- Capsular contraction - the breast may feel harder than normal and painful
- Developing a collection of blood or fluid in the pocket where the implant is placed
- Infection of the implant
- Change of breast and nipple sensation
- Thickening and tightening of the capsule
- Kinking and rippling
- Stiff shoulder
- Numbness or persistent pain on the outer part of your breast
- Rupture or deflation of the implant
- Cosmetic problems.
New measures rolled out to protect patients in the wake of the Poly Implant Prothese (PIP) scandal are a step in the right direction for the medical profession, but patients still need to look out for themselves. Dr Davina Deniszczyc explains.
To achieve the best results from any type of plastic surgery, whether it is breast enhancement, liposuction, a face lift or tummy tuck, it is important to do your research first. Mr Darren Lewis provides some tips for what to ask before surgery.