Vasectomy reversal surgery in Brighton
Or call us on
At Nuffield Health Brighton Hospital you can get rapid access to vasectomy reversal surgery which is performed by leading urological surgeons in our state-of-the-art facilities.
Why choose Nuffield Health Brighton Hospital for your vasectomy reversal surgery?
If you are a man whose personal circumstances have changed and you are considering a vasectomy reversal, our expert urology consultants at Nuffield Health Brighton Hospital are here to help. They have a great track record of successful outcomes from their vasectomy reversal procedures.
Our stunning countryside views, convenient location with ample free parking and excellent matron-led care help create a truly unique hospital experience. Each patient room is fully equipped with a wide screen TV, Wi-Fi and spacious en-suite bathroom, to ensure the highest levels of comfort during your short stay with us.
Vasectomy reversal - the surgery:
- Vasectomy reversal is performed under general anaesthetic
- It usually takes between an 1 hour - 1.5 hours
- During a vasectomy the vas deferen tubes are cut preventing sperm from leaving the epididymis
- To reverse this procedure your surgeon in Brighton will locate the site of your vasectomy
- They will usually make cuts on each side of your scrotum
- After examining each testicle they will free up the tubes and remove any scar tissue
- Using a special microscope they will stitch the ends of the tubes back together
- They will close the surgical wounds with stitches.
After vasectomy reversal surgery at Nuffield Health Brighton Hospital
- You should be able to go home the day of your procedure but you should arrange for someone to drive you
- Take over the counter pain relief such as Paracetamol if you have any discomfort, as advised by the clinical team
- You should avoid any strenuous activity or heavy lifting for at least 3 weeks after your surgery
- Gentle walking may speed your recovery
- Please discuss any return to work with your consultant
- About 6 - 8 weeks after your surgery you will need to return to our clinic to give a semen sample
- We will examine the sample for sperm
- If no sperm are present or your sperm count is very low we may ask you to return for another test at a later date.
General complications could include:
- Infection in the surgical wound
Specific complications of a vasectomy reversal could include:
- Long term pain
- Bleeding within the scrotum
- Damage to blood vessel
- Scar tissue causing the tubes to block
- Failure to restore fertility.
Vasectomy reversal consultants at Brighton Hospital
Warren Road, Brighton, BN2 6DX
Ways to pay
Nuffield Health promise
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Paying for yourself
There are no hidden costs in our treatment prices. The price you see is the price you pay.Find out more
Personal medical loan
Spread the cost of your treatment with a 6, 10 or 12 month 0% personal medical loan.Find out more
We work with you and your insurance provider to get you the treatment you need quicklyFind out more