Mr Zakikhani was born in West Yorkshire, grew up in Birmingham and attended King Edward VI Five ways grammar school.
In 1999 he attended the historic and internationally reputable medical school in Marischal College, University of Aberdeen.
It was here that Mr Zakikhani discovered his surgical roots whilst undertaking traditional dissection anatomy classes and was subsequently awarded the Jamieson Medal.
In 2007, he worked as a urology registrar in Wellington, New Zealand where he developed a passion for urology.
Upon his return, he undertook specialist training on the East of Scotland Training Scheme, working in specialist centres in Edinburgh and Aberdeen.
In 2012, sub-speciality training took Mr Zakikhani to Sydney, Australia, where he underwent a 15 month fellowship in endoluminal surgery and upper tract cancer.
The fellowship allowed him to hone his skills on laser prostate surgery focusing on enucleation techniques.
He has since developed a sub-speciality expertise in, rigid and flexible ureteroscopy with laser stone fragmentation, and percutaneous stone surgery.
Mr Zakikhani Specialises in the following treatments at Nuffield Health Brighton and Haywards Heath Hospital:
- General Urology
- Vasectomy Reversal
- HoLEPS - Holmium laser enucleation of the prostate (Minimally invasive prostate suregry)
Road Cycling, Running, Swimmimg
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Paimaun Zakikhani at Nuffield Health
- Blood test
- Holmium laser enucleation of the prostate (HoLEP)
- Transurethral resection of bladder tumour (TURBT)
- Vasectomy reversal
- Local anaesthetic
- Core biochemistry screens
- Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Endoscopic kidney stone treatment
- Prostate laser treatment
- Percutaneous nephrolithotomy
- Laparoscopic urology
- Testicular ultrasound
- Intravenous pyelogram (IVP)
- Prostate surgery
- Fine needle biopsy
- Radical prostatectomy
- Prostate resection (TURP)
- Vasectomy or male sterilisation
Mr Zakikhani has published in high impact journals looking at survival outcomes from cancers involving the kidneys and ureters.
His greatest research achievement are his publications on post recurrence renal cancer whilst working as past of a European Multicentre collaboration.
- European urology Association
- British Association of Urological Surgeons
- RCSEd-Royal college of surgeons Edinburgh GMC
Other posts held
- Consultant Urological Surgeon, Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust
Insurers Mr Paimaun Zakikhani works with
Mr Paimaun Zakikhani works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Paimaun Zakikhani does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Paimaun Zakikhani does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Paimaun Zakikhani does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.