Vasectomy reversal surgery in Bournemouth
If your personal circumstances have changed and you want to become fertile again, you can get rapid access to vasectomy reversal surgery at Nufffield Health Bournemouth Hospital. Read more…
|Initial consultation||from £200|
|Pre-assessment, Main treatment and Post-discharge care||£2,640|
The guide price
stated above is an approximation of the cost of treatment only. The final price
may vary according to Consultant fees, prosthesis or drugs used and any
pre-existing medical conditions which may alter your care pathway.
You will be given a fixed all-inclusive price for treatment following
your initial consultation with a Consultant.
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Contact our men's health experts in Bournemouth
Fill in the form below, or give us a call.
A member of the team will respond to you soon.
67 Lansdowne Road, Bournemouth, BH1 1RW
Why choose Nuffield Health Bournemouth Hospital for your vasectomy reversal surgery?
If you are a man whose personal circumstances have changed and you are considering a vasectomy reversal, our expert urology consultants at Nuffield Health Bournemouth Hospital are here to help. They have an excellent track record of successful outcomes from their vasectomy reversal procedures, employing the most modern techniques in our spotlessly clean hospital setting.
Did you know Nuffield Health Bournemouth Hospital was the first Nuffield establishment to open in the UK? It's legacy, customer service and outstanding patient satisfaction ratings have set the bar high for the other Nuffield Health Hospitals across the country to follow.
What happens during vasectomy reversal surgery
- Vasectomy reversal is performed under general anaesthetic
- It usually takes between an 1 hour - 1.5 hours
- During a vasectomy the vas deferen tubes are cut preventing sperm from leaving the epididymis
- To reverse this procedure your surgeon in Bournemouth will locate the site of your vasectomy
- They will usually make cuts on each side of your scrotum
- After examining each testicle they will free up the tubes and remove any scar tissue
- Using a special microscope they will stitch the ends of the tubes back together
- They will close the surgical wounds with stitches.
After vasectomy reversal surgery at Nuffield Health Bournemouth Hospital
- You should be able to go home the day of your procedure but you should arrange for someone to drive you
- Take over the counter pain relief such as Paracetamol if you have any discomfort, as advised by the clinical team
- You should avoid any strenuous activity or heavy lifting for at least 3 weeks after your surgery
- Gentle walking may speed your recovery
- Please discuss any return to work with your consultant
- About 6 - 8 weeks after your surgery you will need to return to our clinic to give a semen sample
- We will examine the sample for sperm
- If no sperm are present or your sperm count is very low we may ask you to return for another test at a later date.
General complications could include:
- Infection in the surgical wound
Specific complications of a vasectomy reversal could include:
- Long term pain
- Bleeding within the scrotum
- Damage to blood vessel
- Scar tissue causing the tubes to block
- Failure to restore fertility.