Our Physiotherapy services allow your employees to feel better, ensuring they can remain at or return to work.
Looking after your employees at work at home and in the community
At Nuffield Health we understand how important it is for employers to have a productive and efficient workforce. Our physiotherapy and musculoskeletal services play a key part in the support we deliver to assist employees in returning to or remaining in work.
We have been delivering physiotherapy services for over 60 years and are the largest employer of physiotherapists outside the NHS, with physiotherapy centres integrated into our network of hospitals and fitness centres nationwide.
Musculoskeletal (MSK) injuries are a major issue when it comes to employee health and wellbeing.
41% of work-related illness is due to MSK injuries (source HSE)
We can help reduce the impact to your business due to MSK injuries:
- Last year, 6.9 million working days were lost due to MSK disorders (source Labour Force Survey)
- On average 14 days per employee are lost each year due to MSK injuries (source HSE).
Nuffield Health’s physiotherapy services offer many benefits to your business:
- Faster return to work following immediate intervention
- Remote triage online or via telephone
- Telephone physio available same day when booked before 16:00
- Appointments available within 48 hours
- Average treatment length is 4.8 sessions
- Senior physiotherapists and advanced level practitioners to manage cases and associated costs
- Employer delegated authority options for additional sessions
- Self-management through the Nuffield Health My Therapy app
Blended model of services
Our industry recognised pathways help our physiotherapists diagnose faster, treat more appropriately, monitor more effectively and discharge patients consistently. You can be assured that no matter where your employees are based, we can ensure flexibility and ease of access for all employees.
Onsite Services in the Workplace
Nuffield Health were one of the first providers to introduce on-site physiotherapy as part of workplace health and wellbeing over 25 years ago. We understand the importance of early intervention in supporting your employee’s musculoskeletal concerns.
Ease of access to physiotherapy services will reduce the cost and impact of untreated musculoskeletal concerns your business remains productive and your workforce feels valued and cared for.
Our physiotherapists will provide quality clinical services and have a greater understanding of the culture and demands of the organisation impacting workplace health and will share these insights to drive workplace initiatives to focus on preventative MSK strategies.
Onsite services can be funded either by self pay, private medical insurance or fully company paid. Our team will advise on the most appropriate solution for your business.
Remote Physiotherapy Services
The Nuffield Health My Therapy app allows employees to receive treatment without being seen in a traditional face to face clinic setting.
Nuffield Health My Therapy
Our online physiotherapy service connects employees with a physiotherapist via video calling, enabling them to receive expert clinical treatment from the comfort of their home.
Nuffield Health My Therapy is available on desktop or can be downloaded for free from the following stores:
The Nuffield Health My Therapy app offers:
- Virtual / Video Consultations with Nuffield Health Physiotherapists
- Exercise prescription and high quality video streaming
- Advice & educational materials
- Clinical outcome collection
This works particularly well as our evidence-based pathways for self-management encompass some of the most common MSK disorders including non-specific lower back pain, acute whiplash, non-specific neck pain, minor knee pain and sprained ankles.
Online ergonomic home assessment
Supporting your employees working from home, our online ergonomic assessment appraises a worker’s home working arrangements, including display screen equipment (DSE) and desk set up ensuring a healthy set up for optimal productivity.
The online assessment includes:
- A video consultation with one of our chartered physiotherapists using the Nuffield Health My Therapy app
- An online “tour” of the home office set-up
- Recommendations for improving postural habits and practical tips to improve set up
- Access to neck, shoulder and postural exercises through the Nuffield Health My Therapy app.
Our online ergonomic service is available as a company funded benefit.
In the Community
National physiotherapy network
Our physiotherapy network is the largest of its kind in the UK and offers our clients reassurance in ease of access to a clinic and the capability of our service to treat more serious conditions as well as common concerns people present with.
Our fully owned and operated Nuffield Health fitness centres and hospitals offer access to advanced rehabilitation and exercise facilities for managing severe injuries and disorders, incorporating the expertise of our fitness and medical professionals in building tailored rehabilitation programmes.
We have quality and effective exercise equipment to enhance the rehabilitation process, as well as the diagnostic equipment to take a closer look prior to implementing a treatment programme.
Breadth of specialist services
- Pelvic health
- Upper limb
- Lower limb
- Clinical Pilates
Advanced level specialisms
- Advanced Level Physiotherapy remote assessments provide seamless referral from physiotherapy to diagnostics and diagnosis
Workplace health specialist services
- Virtual ergonomic and desk assessments
- Face to face DSE assessments
- Virtual driver set-up assessments
- Face to face vehicle and driver set up assessments
- All our physiotherapists are qualified and registered with the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC) and the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP) with a minimum of three years experience
- Our physiotherapists are trained in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Our physiotherapists working in stand-alone clinics must have a minimum of five years’ post-graduate experience
- Our Advanced Level Physiotherapy practitioners have a minimum of 10 years' experience and hold or are working towards an MSc in the field of Physiotherapy
- Nuffield Health provide a comprehensive training program to support further development, via our in-house training Academy. All physiotherapists are required to complete ergonomics and occupational health training in line with current evidence-based practice.
We have strong relationships with all the main PMI providers on the market allowing for a simple and seamless referral pathway to physiotherapy services.
A company funded option is also available as a funding mechanism, which is charged at a day rate.
Where an individual identifies a need for physiotherapy intervention, they can book an appointment through our contact centre.
Find out how we can support your business
A member of the team will respond to you soon.