Professor Cameron trained in Glasgow, Newcastle and Canada and commenced his consultant post in January 1992.
He is the Director of the Ian Donald Fetal Medicine Department in the Hospital and was made an honorary Professor of fetal Medicine at the University of Glasgow in 2007. His main research interests are in prenatal diagnosis and fetal therapy. He has directed the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG) subspeciality training programme in Maternal Fetal Medicine for the West of Scotland since 1992. He was President of the British Maternal and Fetal Medicine Society from 2005-08, and is the Scottish Fellows representative on the Council of the RCOG.
Professor Cameron has provided private fetal ultrasound examinations at the Glasgow Nuffield Hospital since 2001.
- Baby Scanning (Pregnancy Ultrasound Examinations)
- Early Pregnancy Scanning
- Nuchal Scan
- Obstetric Scanning
Treatments and tests offered by Professor Alan Cameron at Nuffield Health
- Nuchal scan (Down's Syndrome Test)
Prenatal diagnosis and fetal therapy.
- British Maternal and Fetal Medicine Society
- The International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Scottish Fellows representative on the council of RCOG
Other post held
- Consultant Obstetrician and Subspecialist in Maternal-Fetal Medicine, The Queen Mother’s Hospital, Yorkhill Glasgow
- Honorary Professor of Fetal Medicine, University of Glasgow
Insurers Professor Alan Cameron works with
Professor Alan Cameron works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
Professor Alan Cameron does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Professor Alan Cameron does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Professor Alan Cameron does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.