Mr Douie is a colorectal surgeon trained in South Africa and then in Edinburgh. He has worked in Plymouth as a consultant Colorectal surgeon since 2003. He treats a wide range of both benign and malignant colorectal pathology with a particular interest in surgery for Inflammatory bowel disease.
Mr Douie is an accredited bowel cancer
screening colonoscopist and has been a part of this programme since its
- Benign and malignant conditions of the large bowel and anus, including Inflammatory bowel disease
- Surgery for hernias and pilonidal disease.
- Incisional hernia repair
- Femoral hernia repair
- Abdominal hernia repair
- Umbilical hernia repair
- Banding of haemorrhoids
- Pilonidal sinus surgery
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Walter Douie at Nuffield Health
- Colorectal screening
- Gastroscopy (or gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy)
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Colorectal surgery
- Diagnostic endoscopy
- Restorative proctocolectomy
- Hernia repair
- Anterior resection
- Excision of skin lesion
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy (gallbladder removal)
- Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder removal)
- Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland.
Other posts held
- Consultant Colorectal surgeon – University Hospital Plymouth
Insurers Mr Walter Douie works with
Mr Walter Douie works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- Exeter Family Friendly
Mr Walter Douie does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Walter Douie does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Walter Douie does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.