- Specialities Ophthalmology
- Telephone Freephone 0800 616 267
- Year of first qualification 1992
- GMC Number 5178222
- Fax 0141 339 1352
Sanjay is a Consultant Ophthalmologist with a specialist interest in Cornea, Refractive Surgery at the Tennent Institute of Ophthalmology,Gartnavel General Hospital, for the Greater Glasgow and Clyde NHS Trust since 2005.
Sanjay’s Higher Specialist Training (HST) was on the West Midlands Rotation from 2000 -2004, where he developed subspecialty interest in anterior segment. He has had the opportunity to do two renowned fellowships in anterior segment in Birmingham and Nottingham. During his training he developed a special interest in Lamellar keratoplasty and corneal refractive surgery.He provides tertiary corneal refractive surgery expertise for routine and complex corneal problems.He has performed over a 1000 laser refractive procedure and over 10,000 lens procedure (cataract and RLE). He is one of the invited faculty for national and international conference for Cornea, Cataract and Refractive surgery and is a key opinion leader in his field.
Sanjay is an examiner for Fellowship exam for Ophthalmologist (Glasgow) and has published over 20 peer reviewed articles.He is an honorary Lecturer for Glasgow Caledonian University.He is involved with teaching optometrist and ophthalmologist in training and is College tutor and educational supervisor.He is one of the appointed appraiser for Greater Glasgow and Clyde.
- Every Tuesday
- Every Friday
- Consultant Ophthalmoligst, Stobhill Hospital
- Royal College of Ophthalmologists (RCO)
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Society (ASCRS)
- European Society of Cataract and Refractive Society (ESCRS)
- British Society of refractive surgery (BSRS)
- American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO)
- United Kingdom and Ireland Society of Cataract and refractive surgeons
DeclarationMr Sanjay Mantry works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Sanjay Mantry does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Sanjay Mantry does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Sanjay Mantry does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.