Mr Richard Molloy qualified from the University College Cork, Ireland in 1986. He commenced his training at Cork University Hospital prior to travelling to Boston to work in surgical research at Harvard University. He subsequently trained in Glasgow and Edinburgh before travelling again to the United Sates to work as a Clinical Fellow at The Cleveland Clinic before taking up his current NHS post in Glasgow.
His major interests include colorectal surgery including laparoscopic colorectal surgery, haemorrhoid surgery, colonoscopy, and hernia surgery including laparoscopic hernia surgery. He has published widely and trains surgeons on laparoscopic colorectal surgery techniques.
- Haemorrhoid Surgery including THD/HALO procedure
- Colonoscopy and using colonoscopy to treat large polyps
- Laparoscopic/Keyhole surgery
- Hernia surgery
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Richard Molloy at Nuffield Health
- Anterior resection
- Colorectal surgery
- Excision of skin lesion
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Hernia repair surgery
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- Transanal haemorrhoid dearterialisation (THD)
- Contribution of surgical specialisation to improved colorectal cancer survival, Oliphant R. Nicholson GA. Horgan PG. Molloy RG. McMillan DC. Morrison DS. West of Scotland Colorectal Cancer Managed Clinical Network, Br J Surg. 100(10):1388-95, 2013 Sep.
- Laparoscopic hepatic flexure mobilisation. MacDonald ER. Renwick AA. Molloy RG, Ann Royal College of Surgeons of England. 94(5):360, 2012 Jul
- Quality of care in rectal cancer surgery. Exploring influencing factors in the West of Scotland, Nicholson GA. Morrison DS. Finlay IG. Diament RH. Horgan PG. Molloy RG. Colorectal Disease, 14(6):731-9, 2012 Jun.
- Mechanical bowel preparation does not influence outcomes following colonic cancer resection, Nicholson GA. Finlay IG. Diament RH. Molloy RG. Horgan PG. Morrison DS, British Journal of Surgery. 98(6):866-71, 2011 Jun
- C-reactive protein as a predictor of postoperative infective complications following elective colorectal resection, MacKay GJ. Molloy RG. O'Dwyer PJ. Colorectal Disease,13(5):583-7, 2011 May
- Perineum compression during EAUS enhances visualization of anterior anal sphincter defects, Titi MA. Jenkins JT. Urie A. Molloy RG. Colorectal Disease, 11(6):625-30, 2009 Jul
- Evaluation of autofluorescence colonoscopy for the detection and diagnosis of colonic polyps, McCallum AL. Jenkins JT. Gillen D. Molloy RG, Gastrointestinal Endoscopy 68(2):283-90, 2008 Aug
- American Society of Colon &
- Rectal Surgeons
- Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain &
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain &
Other post held
- Consultant General Surgeon, Gartnavel General Hospital/Western Infirmary, Glasgow
Insurers Mr Richard Molloy works with
Mr Richard Molloy works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Benenden Health
Mr Richard Molloy does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Richard Molloy does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Richard Molloy does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.