Consultant Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeon since 1995. Huw David is a senior Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon with a vast experience in orthopaedic and trauma surgery.
He has undertaken International Fellowships in shoulder, elbow and sports injuries.
Huw David is the Clinical Director for Trauma Orthopaedics and Rheumatology at Derriford Hospital Plymouth. He is also a member of the Medical Executive Community at Derriford Hospital and past member of the Medical Advisory Committee at Plymouth Nuffield Hospital.
Huw David works alongside David Stitson, Simon Coleridge and Karl Trimble in a branded partnership named VITA Orthopaedics, who work exclusively out of Nuffield Health Plymouth, in the South West.
Mr David Specialises in :
- Arthroscopy ( Keyhole ) Surgery
- Upper Limb
- Joint Replacement Surgery ( Shoulder, elbow, hip and knee)
- Sports Injuries
- Weekly Thursday AM and PM
- Weekly Fridays
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Derriford Hospital
- Clinical Director, Trauma, Orthopaedics and Rheumatology, Derriford Hospital
Shoulder, knee and elbow surgery. Arthroscopic surgery, joint replacement surgery and sports injuries.
- Cycling, golf, skiing
- Music – sings with a variety of Choirs in Devon
- British Elbow and Shoulder Society
- British Orthopaedic Association
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- British Medical Association
Papers and presentations at National and International meetings relating to conditions of the shoulder, elbow, hip and knee.
DeclarationMr Huw David works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Huw David does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Huw David does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Huw David does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.