Mr Chris Gandy studied medicine at Bristol University and undertook his general surgical training on the Southwestern training program.
General areas of expertise:
- General Surgery – including hernias and minor skin lesions.
- Emergency general surgery
- General laparoscopic surgery – including gallstone disease, hernias, intra-abdominal adhesions.
- General Colorectal surgery – including colorectal cancer, diverticular disease, inflammatory bowel disease, rectal prolapse and minor anal pathology
Particular areas of expertise:
- Minimally invasive (laparoscopic) colorectal surgery – for cancer, diverticular disease and inflammatory bowel disease.
- Transanal endoscopic microsurgery for rectal tumours (benign and malignant)
- Management of difficult colonic polyps
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Christopher Gandy at Nuffield Health
- Anterior resection
- Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder removal)
- Colorectal screening
- Colorectal surgery
- Diagnostic endoscopy
- Excision of skin lesion
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Hernia repair surgery
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- Restorative proctocolectomy
Other post held
- Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust, Derriford Hospital
Mr Christopher Gandy does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Christopher Gandy does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Christopher Gandy does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.