Mr Angus Robertson
BSc, MB, ChB, FRCSEd (Tr. & Orth.), PGDip Sports & Exercise Medicine, FFSEM(UK)
GMC number: 4329659
Practicing since: 1993
- Weekly Tuesdays, Cardiff Bay Hospital
Or call us on
Angus Robertson graduated from St Andrew's University with a BSc in Medical Science before completing his undergraduate medical training at Edinburgh University. He completed his basic and higher surgical training in Yorkshire. During this period he was President of the British Orthopaedic Trainees Association (BOTA) and completed a Diploma in Sports and Exercise Medicine at Cardiff University. Angus then undertook specialist training fellowships in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and Knee Surgery in Edinburgh, Auckland (New Zealand) and Halifax (Canada).
His NHS practice is based at Cardiff and Vale NHS trust with duties including the provision of general and specialist orthopaedic trauma care at the University Hospital of Wales in Cardiff and an elective practice specialising in the management of soft tissue knee, shoulder and elbow problems based at the Cardiff & Vale Orthopaedic Centre (CAVOC) at University Hospital Llandough.
- Arthroscopic (keyhole) surgery of the knee, shoulder and elbow
- Primary and revision knee ligament reconstruction
- Sports injuries of the knee, shoulder and elbow
- Shoulder instability and rotator cuff pathology
Cartilage repair and regeneration
Sailing, playing musical instruments, woodturning, learning new languages and travel.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Angus Robertson at Nuffield Health
- Shoulder surgery (rotator cuff repair)
- Knee surgery (ACL repair)
- Knee arthroscopy
- Shoulder decompression - keyhole surgery
- Elbow surgery
- Shoulder Stabilisation
Locations Mr Angus Robertson works with
Original papers, review articles, case
reports and book chapters relating to Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine (see www.cardiffsportsorthoapedics.co.uk)
- European Society of Sports Traumatology, Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy
- The Faculty of Sports & Exercise Medicine
- International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery & Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- The Biological Knee Society
- The Orthopaedic Trauma Society
Other posts held
- Consultant Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgeon at Cardiff & Vale University Health Board based at Cardiff & Vale Orthopaedic Centre (CAVOC
- University Hospital Llandough and University Hospital of Wales
Insurers Mr Angus Robertson works with
Mr Angus Robertson works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Angus Robertson does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Angus Robertson does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Angus Robertson does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.