Dr Thomas has been a consultant haematologist at Addenbrooke’s Hospital since 2017 having completed higher specialist haematology training in the East of England and undertaken a clinical fellowship at the St Thomas’ haemophilia and thrombophilia centre.
He has been director of the Addenbrooke’s Haemophilia centre (2020-2022) and is the current service lead for the anticoagulation clinic. Dr Thomas has published widely in the field of blood clotting.
He looks after patients with bleeding disorders, thrombosis (including deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism), thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura, immune thrombocytopenia, antiphospholipid syndrome, anaemia (including autoimmune haemolytic anaemia) and obstetric (pregnancy) blood disorders. He investigates bleeding symptoms, anaemia, low platelets, causes of thrombosis and advises on anticoagulation including warfarin and direct oral anticoagulants as well as iron infusions.
- Investigation of bleeding symptoms and management of bleeding disorders
- Management of anticoagulation/thrombosis including deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism
- Investigating low blood counts, immune thrombocytopenia and anaemia
- Obstetric haematology
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Will Thomas at Nuffield Health
- Thrombotic disorders
- Haematology profiles
Please click HERE.
- British Medical Association
- British Society of Haematology
Other posts held
- Consultant Haematologist, Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Cambridge Biomedical Campus, Cambridge
Insurers Dr Will Thomas works with
Dr Will Thomas works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Dr Will Thomas does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Will Thomas does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Will Thomas does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.